The Student Room Group

Histopathology ST1 2021 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bananaiguana3000
I emailed the head of pathology for London/KSS to find out about that and this is what she replied

Useful to know. Thanks very much for posting!
Reply 381
Hi guys! Do you have any idea about training in Norwich ? Thank you.
Original post by bananaiguana3000
I emailed the head of pathology for London/KSS to find out about that and this is what she replied

Well that's a bit frustrating. So how are we supposed to decide on things like buying a property when you could just be shot off to Brighton or Kent randomly the following year?
Original post by Alfi49
Hi guys! Do you have any idea about training in Norwich ? Thank you.

Had my taster week there- just withdrew from the process so sadly gave up an offer there as got into another speciality of choice. Department are v welcoming, good atmosphere. Cheap to live in Norwich too and get some time in Cambridge if you’re into that. Peterborough is only DGH in the Cambridge north rotation that is a bit far.
Original post by MustaphaMond
Well that's a bit frustrating. So how are we supposed to decide on things like buying a property when you could just be shot off to Brighton or Kent randomly the following year?

To be fair they do tell you when applying that (South) London and KSS are one deanery. This is what put me off South London and I ranked it a lot lower than other choices for this reason. From the previous comment seems you have more stability than predicted.
Original post by Anonymous
To be fair they do tell you when applying that (South) London and KSS are one deanery. This is what put me off South London and I ranked it a lot lower than other choices for this reason. From the previous comment seems you have more stability than predicted.

Oh is it only for South London and KSS? I got Royal London, which North Central and East London. Or is it all part of the same bag?

And what do you mean "more stability" than predicted?
Oh is it only for South London and KSS? I got Royal London, which North Central and East London. Or is it all part of the same bag?

I thought all of London and KSS is one deanery?

I believe it is for South London solely but someone can correct me if I am mistaken. North Central and East is its own deanery; and North West London are its own too. For comparable training programmes if you’re in a deanery you rotate across all areas to get “breadth” so looking at KSS and South London I thought you’d move a lot!
I believe it is for South London solely but someone can correct me if I am mistaken. North Central and East is its own deanery; and North West London are its own too. For comparable training programmes if you’re in a deanery you rotate across all areas to get “breadth” so looking at KSS and South London I thought you’d move a lot!

But North Central and East London also seems to include hospitals in Essex
and North West London seems to include Hertfordshire...
https://histopathologytraining.org/training-schools/london/

I wish they would have made this whole process clearer :frown:

Coming from Kent originally- do what everyone does- become a train commuter!
Coming from Kent originally- do what everyone does- become a train commuter!

I mean I'll be doing this anyway if I'm working in London haha
Reply 391
I got my first choice at Leeds. Anyone else gonna be heading to Leeds as well?
Original post by 04gc01
I got my first choice at Leeds. Anyone else gonna be heading to Leeds as well?

I'll see you there, looking forward to it!
Original post by PathUtd
Yep! I’ve got Mersey deanery too!

AHHH exciting! Congrats and I'll see you in a few months then!
Congrats everyone! And got my first choice in West Midlands! Thanks all for advice and answers to stupid questions Ive posted on here!
Original post by Arcturus272
Congrats everyone! And got my first choice in West Midlands! Thanks all for advice and answers to stupid questions Ive posted on here!

Hi Arcturus , see you there in the WM deanery!
Well done everyone and good luck to those still waiting to see if a place comes up!
I’ve ended up turning my place down for another programme so that’s at least one that will be coming your way!
All the best and thanks for your answers everyone
Reply 397
Now that the offers are coming in, does anyone know more about how the references work?
Such as in previous years?

My offer came in yesterday morning and I accepted it immediately (Glasgow - first choice), so I've been thinking about the next stage.
I emailed all three of my referees yesterday just to let them know that I did get an offer, and would likely be needing references soon - had emailed them back in December, so just contacted them again to avoid springing it on them out of the blue.

Anyway, does Oriel contact them, or do we contact them and then pass on the reference to Oriel?
Also, anyone know what kind of timeframe we're talking for when the references might be requested?
Original post by Pathoma
Hi Arcturus , see you there in the WM deanery!

See you in WM!
See you in WM!

Lol I should say I got WM despite that ranking spreadsheet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending