Part-time Neuroscience BSc, University of Central Lancashire

Watch
helen888
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi there,

I’m interested in applying for this course but would like to check a few things first please.

Firstly, as a part time (neuro) science course, would this course be classed as one of your exception courses and be eligible for a tuition fee loan and maintenance loan?

If so, when do Student Finance applications open for part-time Undergrad courses please? (have never studied part-time before) It is the September 2021 intake I’m wanting to apply for.

Finally, I withdrew from a full-time undergrad course this October (2020) after a couple of weeks on the course, will this affect my application/is there anything different I need to do because of this? I’ve paid off what I borrowed from you for this course in full.

It is worth mentioning that when I logged in to my Student Finance account earlier and speculatively tried to apply, it said that I’m not able to as I already have an application for the 20/21 year (which will be the course I left after a couple of weeks in October). Is this because a course starting from September 2021 would be classed as a 2021/2022 application?

Thanks in advance for your help.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by helen888)
Hi there,

I’m interested in applying for this course but would like to check a few things first please.

Firstly, as a part time (neuro) science course, would this course be classed as one of your exception courses and be eligible for a tuition fee loan and maintenance loan?

If so, when do Student Finance applications open for part-time Undergrad courses please? (have never studied part-time before) It is the September 2021 intake I’m wanting to apply for.

Finally, I withdrew from a full-time undergrad course this October (2020) after a couple of weeks on the course, will this affect my application/is there anything different I need to do because of this? I’ve paid off what I borrowed from you for this course in full.

It is worth mentioning that when I logged in to my Student Finance account earlier and speculatively tried to apply, it said that I’m not able to as I already have an application for the 20/21 year (which will be the course I left after a couple of weeks in October). Is this because a course starting from September 2021 would be classed as a 2021/2022 application?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Hi, can you confirm the university name and I will check if it's an exception course for the current academic year. If it's an exception course for this academic year then it will likely be the same for next year(not guaranteed).

The part time 21/22 academic year application should launch in the summer 2021.

Previous full time study does not affect eligibility for part time funding unless you have previously gained a qualification.
It's correct that you can't apply yet as the 21/22 academic year has not yet launched.
Thanks, Isaac
helen888
Rep:
?
Hi there, it’s the part-time Neuroscience BSc at the University of Central Lancashire (Preston, England).

Regarding having previously gained a qualification, I completed a degree and masters. Does this make me ineligible then?

Thanks for your help.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi there, it’s the part-time Neuroscience BSc at the University of Central Lancashire (Preston, England).

Regarding having previously gained a qualification, I completed a degree and masters. Does this make me ineligible then?

Thanks for your help.
Sorry I should of said Previous full time study does not affect eligibility for part time funding unless you have previously gained a qualification or unless the course is an exception course.

The Neuroscience part time undergraduate course with the HECoS code100272 at UCLAN is an exception course. You will be eligible to apply for funding regardless of your previous study/qualifications.
(This information is for the 20/21 academic year as I can't guarantee the rules will remain the same for 21/22)
Thanks, Isaac
helen888
Rep:
?
That’s great, thank you very much for your help.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
That’s great, thank you very much for your help.
You're welcome. I hope you have a lovely day and great Christmas
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads