Josephine2345
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi everyone so I'm not sure what I want my last two options for UCAS to be. I'm mainly interested in clinical psychology, developmental psychology, psychopathology, biopsychology and neuroscience. I also want to apply to a course with a placement year. My choices right now are the University of Sussex, Reading and Cardiff. I've already looked into Surrey, Kent, Nottingham and Leicester. If anyone has any recommendations please let me know!
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Josephine2345)
Hi everyone so I'm not sure what I want my last two options for UCAS to be. I'm mainly interested in clinical psychology, developmental psychology, psychopathology, biopsychology and neuroscience. I also want to apply to a course with a placement year. My choices right now are the University of Sussex, Reading and Cardiff. I've already looked into Surrey, Kent, Nottingham and Leicester. If anyone has any recommendations please let me know!
Hey Josephine2345
Amazing to know you are applying to the University of Reading. I have a couple of friends studying psychology here and they love it.
One thing that I only recently found out is that the University offers research placements with faculty members during the summer! From what I saw over the past few years there have been lots of psychology related ones!

Good luck with your decision making and if you have any questions about UoR please do ask!
Zoe
Second year Biological sciences and student ambassador
madeofcolour
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Josephine2345)
Hi! I'm a final year Psychology student at Surrey and was/still am interested in the exact same psychological disciplines as you. Currently applying to Masters programs that focus around developmental psychology, neuroscience and psychopathology.

I would highly recommend the university, they cover biological psychology in great depth throughout the degree and we have lots of researchers focusing on developmental psychology. Surrey is one of the best universities for the clinical psychology doctorate, so there's lots of focus on clinical throughout the undergraduate degree as well. They also offer amazing placement opportunities, something which will allow you to work in a clinical setting and will give you a big advantage when applying for further education or jobs in the field, whether clinical or research based.

If you have any specific questions please feel free to send me a message
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (171)
44.07%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
11.08%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (32)
8.25%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.39%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (37)
9.54%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.67%

Watched Threads