The Student Room Group

Long residence

Hi, I will be a couple of months shy of ( at least half your life)the long residence criteria when my course starts in September. Will it still be possible to get student finance for my course?

Thank you.
Original post by estmick
Hi, I will be a couple of months shy of ( at least half your life)the long residence criteria when my course starts in September. Will it still be possible to get student finance for my course?

Thank you.

Hi, if you don't meet any of the eligibility criteria then you will be ineligible.

In order to determine your eligibility, please confirm:

1. Which university and course you are looking to start your studies with?
2. How old you are.
3. Your nationality, current status and time spent within the UK.
4. Any previous study and qualifications you may hold.

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, if you don't meet any of the eligibility criteria then you will be ineligible.

In order to determine your eligibility, please confirm:

1. Which university and course you are looking to start your studies with?
2. How old you are.
3. Your nationality, current status and time spent within the UK.
4. Any previous study and qualifications you may hold.

Thanks, Isaac

Apologies Isaac for the late reply:

I haven’t firmed any university because I am waiting to receive all my offers. The course is Nursing( 3 year degree)

I am 26, Senegalese and I have lived in the UK for 13 years. Currently have LLR on the 10 year route, which I have had for the past five years.

My only previous studies/Qualifications are GCSE and A-levels which I obtained from the UK. I am in full time employment and financially independent.

I understand it will be a complicated process, but I am not sure if I will be eligible for tuition fees under the long residence criteria?

Thank you and l look forward to your reply.
Original post by estmick
Apologies Isaac for the late reply:

I haven’t firmed any university because I am waiting to receive all my offers. The course is Nursing( 3 year degree)

I am 26, Senegalese and I have lived in the UK for 13 years. Currently have LLR on the 10 year route, which I have had for the past five years.

My only previous studies/Qualifications are GCSE and A-levels which I obtained from the UK. I am in full time employment and financially independent.

I understand it will be a complicated process, but I am not sure if I will be eligible for tuition fees under the long residence criteria?

Thank you and l look forward to your reply.

Hi, our guidance states:

Long Residency
It will apply to those students who, on the first day of the first academic year (AY) of their course, are:

under 18 years of age and have lived in the UK for at least 7 years
OR
aged 18 years of age or above and have lived in the UK for at least half their life or at least 20 years

Students applying under the long residence category will also need to:

-be ordinarily resident in England on the first day of the first AY of their course;
-have been ordinarily and lawfully resident in the UK and Islands throughout the 3 year period preceding the first day of the first AY of their course; and
-in the 3 years referred to above, not have moved to the UK and Islands wholly or mainly for the purposes of education.

If you meet this criteria then you will be able to apply under the long residency category.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending