Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Anyone else who's been placed on the waiting list for your master's programme? How long do you think it'll take for the final decision? I'm so nervous!

Also, anyone who's received an offer for 2021 already?
chingyi71
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I've been on the waiting list since 11/13.
Just saw an applicant has received a conditional offer for MSc Econometrics and Mathematical Economics earlier today.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by chingyi71)
I've been on the waiting list since 11/13.
Just saw an applicant has received a conditional offer for MSc Econometrics and Mathematical Economics earlier today.
Me too! About the waiting list date, I mean. That was about four weeks after my application was processed.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
I've been placed on the waiting list last week only 3 weeks after applying. Didn't apply for a 2nd choice and really starting to regret it.
Weirdly enough, I've only been seeing waitlists and rejections.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
I think the absolute maximum should be eight weeks to have a final decision. This is what I've been reading on the previous year threads. I think by end of Jan we will have a decision.

(Original post by Anonymous)
Anyone else who's been placed on the waiting list for your master's programme? How long do you think it'll take for the final decision? I'm so nervous!

Also, anyone who's received an offer for 2021 already?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
Let's make this thread more active, maybe you should add 2021 to the thread title. I am sure many are gonna be flocking to the waitlist and join us
chingyi71
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Me too! About the waiting list date, I mean. That was about four weeks after my application was processed.
I've been put on the waiting list just 3 days after my application was processed
Anonymous #1
(Original post by chingyi71)
I've been put on the waiting list just 3 days after my application was processed
I just checked the Graduate Application Tracker again and noticed it says the application will be sent back to the selectors in six weeks' time! ONE MORE WEEK TO GO.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Anyone who's been waitlisted hear back yet?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
nah mine is still same, only been 2 weeks. what about you?

Anyone who's been waitlisted hear back yet?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I just checked the Graduate Application Tracker again and noticed it says the application will be sent back to the selectors in six weeks' time! ONE MORE WEEK TO GO.
may i ask which program you applied for? and have you heard back yet? i heard after the six weeks pass that you get notified that its been sent back to selectors
S.N.H.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I had been waitlisted for last six weeks and heard rejection from them on 23 Dec.

I have applied MSc IR (Research); I did not nominate my second choice. But, now I am planning to apply for my second choice.

I've been placed on the waiting list last week only 3 weeks after applying. Didn't apply for a 2nd choice and really starting to regret it.
FYI, you can add a second application afterward from 'How do I ...?' page at LSE website.

All the best for all!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
may i ask which program you applied for? and have you heard back yet? i heard after the six weeks pass that you get notified that its been sent back to selectors
Media and Comms, and nope, haven't heard back yet! it's very confusing because the email from LSE says they'll send it to the selectors in *eight* weeks :/
RenegadeKing
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Has anyone considered writing an email to the admissions office to thank them for being placed on the waiting list? I'm not sure if this is a thing in the UK.
AZ7697
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Been on the waiting list since 17/11/20 for my first choice and was then put on the waitlist for my second choice on 04/12/20.
Really hoping to hear back soon with them saying my application has gone back to selectors for my first choice!
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Same here. You heard back in this please?
chingyi71
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Been on the waiting list for 9 weeks (including Christmas break) and haven't been passed back to the selectors. The wait is dreadful. Hope everyone who is on the waiting list can get an offer!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Same here. You heard back in this please?
nop only been 5 weeks haha and after seeing ppl wait much longer, not expecting it for a while
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
hey guys apparently on the other LSE Grad forum someone was waitlisted and then when they checked the portal six weeks later it changed to a rejection. we got this...
chingyi71
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Been rejected after being on the waiting list for over 8 weeks. I was not been notified that my application had been sent back to the selectors but found the rejection on the portal 10 minutes ago.

timeline:
ID: Nov. 10
WL: Nov. 13
Rejection: Jan. 21

Wish everyone on the waiting list all the best!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (161)
51.27%
No (153)
48.73%

Watched Threads