The Student Room Group

:)

!!!
(edited 3 years ago)
Why was your heart so set on Keele? I totally understand being disappointed, it sucks, but remember why you started this - if you're passionate about nursing (which you have to be for this career, believe me 😂) you'll love wherever you go and learn so much x
Reply 2
Original post by MelanieJJ
Why was your heart so set on Keele? I totally understand being disappointed, it sucks, but remember why you started this - if you're passionate about nursing (which you have to be for this career, believe me 😂) you'll love wherever you go and learn so much x

(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Ttyl247
My heart wasn’t set on keele but as it was my first interview for nursing it would’ve been nice to get an offer, rejections hurts so bad so it really is affecting the way I think for other interviews but I think I just need time to get over it :smile:

Absolutely! Disappointment is the WORST! But you are going to get into a course and have the best experience, nursing is tough but it's amazing and experiences like this are just preparing you for nailing those challenging parts x
Reply 4
Original post by Ttyl247
My heart wasn’t set on keele but as it was my first interview for nursing it would’ve been nice to get an offer, rejections hurts so bad so it really is affecting the way I think for other interviews but I think I just need time to get over it :smile:

What was your feedback like from Keele? If they didn't give you any, ask for some. Then, turn whatever didn't go so well into "what can I do better this time?" & go do it.
It took me 3 attempts to get in to nursing at university. That was with already having a 2:1 in another degree, having worked for the NHS for 2.5 years, but being slightly limited by no car/using public transport/not being in a position to move again. Keep trying - you'll get there.
Reply 5
Original post by Emily_B
What was your feedback like from Keele? If they didn't give you any, ask for some. Then, turn whatever didn't go so well into "what can I do better this time?" & go do it.
It took me 3 attempts to get in to nursing at university. That was with already having a 2:1 in another degree, having worked for the NHS for 2.5 years, but being slightly limited by no car/using public transport/not being in a position to move again. Keep trying - you'll get there.

They just stated ‘unsuccessful at interview’😞
Do you think it’s worth emailing and asking for further feedback to use for other interviews and correct where I went wrong?
Reply 6
Definitely! "I was unsuccessful at interview, some feedback for future improvement would be appreciated. Thankyou." Or something along those lines would be enough - them just saying you were unsuccessful at interview isn't very helpful on their part.

Original post by Ttyl247
They just stated ‘unsuccessful at interview’😞
Do you think it’s worth emailing and asking for further feedback to use for other interviews and correct where I went wrong?
Original post by Ttyl247
I got rejected from keele for nursing and I’m sooo sad about this it’s really affecting my mental health. I have other interviews soon and I’m scared this rejection will affect my interviews and will result in me getting rejected from all my unis😞😞
I genuinely think I could have done better in the interview but I just don’t know what to do.
I’m just feeling really low and sad!

Its part of the learning process of getting rejected for nursing course at university as I been rejected for adult nursing at 17, 18, 20 & 25 at 6 universities each time I applied as my goal was to be a adult nurse and then eventually go on and do midwifing but I got offered a place on midwifing going on 26 as it was my second choice that time and I finally qualified in 2019,

I was absolutely gutted for being rejected all these times as well and yeah we sometimes think why was this dispite putting in a good interview there was obviously others better than myself at the interviews. I had a degree that was ideal for any of the nursing courses but still didn't get anything untill 2016.

You won't be alone getting rejected as yes it sucks but the university will be only be able to take in xxxx students nurses each year so try others ok, learn from this one and take it forward into next & all future interviews you will be offered.

Keep trying as there's more than just Keele university to apply for as I know Keele is supposed to be a excellent university for nursing.
Don't give up on this and spread your area of universities as you will get more choice of hopefully getting offered a place on the nursing course ok,
Reply 8
rejection sucks. however this is not a big deal try to relax. why do you want to be a nurse. explain it what experience what you learnt. how it changed you. you will need to become less effected by negative events, because there are lots in nursing, goodluck if you really want it andhave the skills you will get in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending