This discussion is closed.
platinumki
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
Hmm...

A couple of weeks ago one of my friends said (to a girl) "95% of guys are *******s".

Who'd agree? I would actually, I know lots of loud show-offy *******ised guys who always have girlfriends to look cool, and a few quieter types who just want a a loving partner to stay with. I know which kind I am.
The problem is, so many women like *******s. We are TAUGHT to like *******s.

Look at romantic heros. Darcy - *******. Heathcliffe - *******. Russel Crowe - *******.

Women are always convinced that the 'love of a good woman' will bring him round. And we're ALL guilty of it. I myself am only attracted to incredibly arrogant *******s. :hmpf:
xxkeeleyxx
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
i dont go for looks at all! Personality means the most! ive had relationships with some real good looking LOSERS. if the 'ugly' guys stopped thinking so low of themselves maybe more of us girls would be attracted to them. no one want boyfriens who think there a totallly loser!
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by platinumki)

Look at romantic heros. Darcy - *******. Heathcliffe - *******. Russel Crowe - *******.

Women are always convinced that the 'love of a good woman' will bring him round. And we're ALL guilty of it. I myself am only attracted to incredibly arrogant *******s. :hmpf:
lol, theyre not *******s, they're called "Byronic Heros", people who are dark and mysterious and.. umm... "sexy"

But I'm thinking about people like kevs/scallies/chavs and other people who are shallow and arrogant.

btw- how come your name is in blue but no other subscribers' are?
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think the "masculine but with a sensitive side" type of bloke is most successful.
pixiepeep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Good sense of humour, ability to cheer me up just by hugging me, affectionate, willing to look after me even though I'm a stubborn cow, and manners are very important.
platinumki
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
btw- how come your name is in blue but no other subscribers' are?
I don't know.

And Byron was a bit of a ******* himself if I remember correctly.....

(Original post by MrWhite)
I think the "masculine but with a sensitive side" type of bloke is most successful.
I wish him luck. But doesn't he get lonely, all on his tod?
Kuddly!
Report 14 years ago

LOl i totally agree with you. It really sucks, but we think hes perfect, and in the end we realised wat an EDiiiiiaat he turned out to be, and we still want to go back!!
we're helpless arent we?!

I LIke a good package, :P personality, luks, intelligence, decency, sexy, caring very difficult to find, so normally i have to give up 2 or 3 of these qualities!
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I know which kind I am.
so does gemgems probably :aetsch:
xxkeeleyxx
Report 14 years ago
I wonder if the perfect man is out there? lol
immortal
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well personally, first thing are they attractive - or do we find them attractive.
Secondly do some digging around them - do they have a reputation.
Thirdly, if the first 2 work out well, get to know them - I want a guy who has a sense of humour, charming, a sense of rhythm and dance, interest in music - there needs to be some form of common ground.

I guess....I just haven't had any luck in this area because I ignore 2, skip to 3, and get direly hurt.

So I get stuck with people who mess me about, and they are like chameleons so they are no good.

Be who you are, and don't put on a front to impress.
Lush_StarZ
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
each girl looks for different things!!!!!
immortal
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Hear hear!!!
TK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i'd say 60% looks, 40% personality, if i'm being honest :p:
material breach
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
abit of confidence normally goes along way............
TK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
abit of confidence normally goes along way............
:eek: you're a girl? :confused:
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

you think that? cause I typicaly in real life go for the nicer guys....
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
:eek: you're a girl? :confused:
LOL no
just making a passing comment
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
not true. I have seen sense of humor repeated again and again. for me I would say about 30-40% looks and 60-70% personality.

that being said, I still judge others solely on looks...
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lessthanthree)
I go for nice guys too.

Mainly because I like cuddles and being looked after.
hear hear....

except for me, take out the looked after part.
NikolaiJ
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Women are immensely fickle. I have been told on many an occasion that I'm cute, fit blah blah blah, I have a great sense of humour blah blah... but frankly it all amounts to nothing. I've had 1 gf in the last 2 years and she shagged someone else after 2 weeks :P

Oh well, I think luck (right place right time etc) comes into it a great deal.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (265)
80.06%
Leave (66)
19.94%

Watched Threads