Digital Futures Academy (Modern Software Engineering, Data Science)

Watch
FreddieEcon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hey,

I just wanted to start a discussion for graduates applying to the new Digital Futures Academy. Looks like a great opportunity, Modern Software Engineering starts in March 2021 and Data Science in April 2021.

Looks like testing starts in January, best of luck everyone!
MohammedAh1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yeah this looks cool. I just applied, thanks for sharing!
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by FreddieEcon)
Hey,

I just wanted to start a discussion for graduates applying to the new Digital Futures Academy. Looks like a great opportunity, Modern Software Engineering starts in March 2021 and Data Science in April 2021.

Looks like testing starts in January, best of luck everyone!
Can you explain what you mean by 'modern' software engineering? Are you referring to containerisation, automation etc.? Docker, Terraform, Ansible, CI tools that sort of thing to make things less tedious?
moadebayo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just had a look at their website. Looks like a copycat version of FDM or QA. Anyone know anything about them?
Faaris_3006
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by moadebayo)
Just had a look at their website. Looks like a copycat version of FDM or QA. Anyone know anything about them?
Think they're a new company so I doubt anyone knows more than whats available on their website.
moadebayo
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Noted, but it will be interesting to see if anyone wants to buy their graduates atm. Sounds like the existing big players in this space are really struggling. Sparta recently laid-off a heap of their grads apparently (prior to deployment) including a friend of mine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (517)
51.34%
No (490)
48.66%

Watched Threads