Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi i was wondering to apply for psychology is there anything which i could do to make my application better? like for dentistry people say that its good if you show them that your good with your hands and therefore can write in your personal statement that you have made a dress or sell paintings or whatever... is there anything like that for psychology? or just work experience and good interpersonal skills?

ReputationRep:
    i applied for psychology last year and received offers from all 5 unis....just say what about psych interests you and how you first became interested....mention books that you have read and the topics you find the most interesting and why....mention the subjects you do and how the transferrable skills you learnt from them will help you on the course....work experience, try getting some at a hospital or hospice or volunteer at an elderly home (i had work experience at a Clinical Psychology Service and at a hospital) and be sure to say the skills you learnt from doing this and how it would help you on the course....then mention your extra curriculars both inside and outside of school and say what you learnt from them....then close on a positive note

ReputationRep:
    oh ok thanx im trying to get a work experience placement hopefully ill be able to because that would be a big help... what kind of books have you read?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 24, 2008

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.