can i get out of foundation maths by year 11

Watch
professor Arnold
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I'm in year 10 and my maths is very very poor. I'm doing basic arithmetic as of right now. I'm willing to put in the hard work, can I transfer out foundational math by 11 before I sit my GCSE? also any tips to help me improve faster
ziziii_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Yessss, you can! you can do anything with a positive mindset and hard work. During lessons, ask when you dont understand. Go home and practise questions. In maths, I find thar the best way to improve is to practise, practise and practise. Once you start finding it a lot easier, speak to a teacher about switching and keep your end goal in mind
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by professor Arnold)
I'm in year 10 and my maths is very very poor. I'm doing basic arithmetic as of right now. I'm willing to put in the hard work, can I transfer out foundational math by 11 before I sit my GCSE? also any tips to help me improve faster
Are you dyscalculic?

Have you tried these resources? https://www.missbsresources.com/teac...mathspassports
professor Arnold
Rep:
?
oh, I will do! thank you so much for the advice!

(Original post by ziziii_)
Yessss, you can! you can do anything with a positive mindset and hard work. During lessons, ask when you dont understand. Go home and practise questions. In maths, I find thar the best way to improve is to practise, practise and practise. Once you start finding it a lot easier, speak to a teacher about switching and keep your end goal in mind

.tb_button {padding:1px;cursorointer;border-right: 1px solid #8b8b8b;border-left: 1px solid #FFF;border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;}.tb_button.hover {borer:2px outset #def; background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;}.ws_toolbar {z-index:100000} .ws_toolbar .ws_tb_btn {cursorointer;border:1px solid #555;padding:3px} .tb_highlight{background-color:yellow} .tb_hide {visibility:hidden} .ws_toolbar img {padding:2px;margin:0px}
professor Arnold
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
Are you dyscalculic?

Have you tried these resources? https://www.missbsresources.com/teac...mathspassports
I've never heard of that before until now. I think I do I've never been able to grasp basic maths deeper than adding and subtracting.

thanks for the resources! I love the way it's structured
.tb_button {padding:1px;cursorointer;border-right: 1px solid #8b8b8b;border-left: 1px solid #FFF;border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;}.tb_button.hover {borer:2px outset #def; background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;}.ws_toolbar {z-index:100000} .ws_toolbar .ws_tb_btn {cursorointer;border:1px solid #555;padding:3px} .tb_highlight{background-color:yellow} .tb_hide {visibility:hidden} .ws_toolbar img {padding:2px;margin:0px}
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (10)
6.76%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (24)
16.22%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (25)
16.89%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (21)
14.19%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (42)
28.38%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (26)
17.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed