A1234Ax
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hey guys, thought I'd start a thread specifically for the Imperial Business School. I've applied for Finance, and waiting for a response. Anyone in the same boat/received an offer/got rejected by the Business School?
bAelevels
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
H

(Original post by A1234Ax)
Hey guys, thought I'd start a thread specifically for the Imperial Business School. I've applied for Finance, and waiting for a response. Anyone in the same boat/received an offer/got rejected by the Business School?
Hi, same here! Still waiting though, think replies should come in Jan as we applied in round 1.
Buzzpod
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I have not applied this year so apologies if I'm going off topic but looking to apply for MSc Finance at Imperial starting 2022 and just wanted to understand, at a high level, what sort of background/experience you have?

I am studying Mathematics and Computer Science at Loughborough University (BSc finishing 2022) and currently on a 12 month placement with a large Asset Manager ($650 billion AuM) where I have developed a wealth of experience and accelerated my interest in persuing a finance career long-term. I expect to achieve a 1st in my degree.

Out of interest, am I viable candidate for a competitive course such as Finance at Imperial in your opinion (assuming I can express the right level of entusiasm, interest etc,) ? Or is there a fundamental flaw in my experience so far that would signinifcanlty disadvantage me (such as not completeing undergraduate study at a Russel Group university)?
BenRyan99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Buzzpod)
I have not applied this year so apologies if I'm going off topic but looking to apply for MSc Finance at Imperial starting 2022 and just wanted to understand, at a high level, what sort of background/experience you have?

I am studying Mathematics and Computer Science at Loughborough University (BSc finishing 2022) and currently on a 12 month placement with a large Asset Manager ($650 billion AuM) where I have developed a wealth of experience and accelerated my interest in persuing a finance career long-term. I expect to achieve a 1st in my degree.

Out of interest, am I viable candidate for a competitive course such as Finance at Imperial in your opinion (assuming I can express the right level of entusiasm, interest etc,) ? Or is there a fundamental flaw in my experience so far that would signinifcanlty disadvantage me (such as not completeing undergraduate study at a Russel Group university)?
I'd say a more relevent question, given your background in maths & CS, is why you are just considering a MSc in Finance. Imperial offer other masters that sound like they would be a better fit and would be more attractive to employers like their MSc in Mathematics and Finance or their MSc Risk Management & Financial Engineering.
Buzzpod
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by BenRyan99)
I'd say a more relevent question, given your background in maths & CS, is why you are just considering a MSc in Finance. Imperial offer other masters that sound like they would be a better fit and would be more attractive to employers like their MSc in Mathematics and Finance or their MSc Risk Management & Financial Engineering.
Yep apologies for the lack of clarity. Mathematics and Finance is in fact the course that I am most interested in but referenced Finance since the OP also mentioned it. Regardless of course, I think my questions apply to Imperial Business School in general. Would love to hear people's opinions on my original post considering this clarification.
username2250185
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Has anyone applied to MSc Management?

If so, would you mind sharing your background?
And have you heard back from imperial?
Ksssaaaa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello! Has anyone applied for MSc Economics and Strategy for Business? Have you gotten an interview invitation? If so, please do share your experience
asif007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anybody applied for an MBA course at Imperial this year?
znkova
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi everyone! Do you think I’ll still have a chance to be admitted to MS Economics and Strategy for business if I apply in the end of Jan? Or is ot too late? Also, those who apply to the same programme or to MS Management, do you have GMAT score? If yes, would you be so kind to share? Mine is 630, going to retake it in a week, however still not so sure if I’ll manage to succeed. Thanks in advance and lots of luck guys!
username2250185
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by znkova)
Hi everyone! Do you think I’ll still have a chance to be admitted to MS Economics and Strategy for business if I apply in the end of Jan? Or is ot too late? Also, those who apply to the same programme or to MS Management, do you have GMAT score? If yes, would you be so kind to share? Mine is 630, going to retake it in a week, however still not so sure if I’ll manage to succeed. Thanks in advance and lots of luck guys!
end of jan should be fine! ive applied to Management and i didn't do GMAT
aygitsrt
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi folks! My admission for MSc Finance was processed by Admissions and sent to the department for consideration on 7th of January, 2021 (Please note that I have applied before the round 1 deadline). I haven't heard from the department yet. Has anyone received emails for interview? Or even final decisions?
bAelevels
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by aygitsrt)
Hi folks! My admission for MSc Finance was processed by Admissions and sent to the department for consideration on 7th of January, 2021 (Please note that I have applied before the round 1 deadline). I haven't heard from the department yet. Has anyone received emails for interview? Or even final decisions?
Hey, sent you a PM!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (31)
14.09%
Virtual campus tours/open days (49)
22.27%
Live streaming events (21)
9.55%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (21)
9.55%
A uni comparison tool (49)
22.27%
An in-person event when available (49)
22.27%