The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

exeter penryn campus

what is exeter penryn campus like? i hold an offer there and am wondering what the students' opinion of the campus is.
Hi sorry this is quite late! But personally I love the campus and the place!! The campus is fairly small which means you know your way round and it feels like home really quickly and also means you generally will see someone you know around most of the time! There’s a couple of really nice lecture halls and smaller seminar rooms but be warned many don’t have plugs so make sure you have charge before you go! The campus shop sells so many things including hot pasty’s which I fully recommend! The stannary has good food and there’s a cafe called koofi which has amazing pizzas and coffee. The campus is around a ten min bus journey from Falmouth town and the buses are always there on campus so run constantly. There’s also a twice weekly mini bus to asda which definitely beats dragging your shopping up the stairs on the hill! Sorry these are quite vague but hope they help and feel free to ask any more questions am happy to help! :smile:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by business.gal
Hi sorry this is quite late! But personally I love the campus and the place!! The campus is fairly small which means you know your way round and it feels like home really quickly and also means you generally will see someone you know around most of the time! There’s a couple of really nice lecture halls and smaller seminar rooms but be warned many don’t have plugs so make sure you have charge before you go! The campus shop sells so many things including hot pasty’s which I fully recommend! The stannary has good food and there’s a cafe called koofi which has amazing pizzas and coffee. The campus is around a ten min bus journey from Falmouth town and the buses are always there on campus so run constantly. There’s also a twice weekly mini bus to asda which definitely beats dragging your shopping up the stairs on the hill! Sorry these are quite vague but hope they help and feel free to ask any more questions am happy to help! :smile:

that sounds really nice thanks for the help! i really liked exeter as a university as i thought they were really accommodating when i was applying.
Original post by etohin
that sounds really nice thanks for the help! i really liked exeter as a university as i thought they were really accommodating when i was applying.

No worries!! They really are and all staff are I’ve found from the lecture staff to the amazing team in the accommodation (can only speak for Glasney!)
Is there much to do there? I've applied and the campus and course looks great but I'm worried about the lack of nightlife etc.
Original post by rebpayne3
Is there much to do there? I've applied and the campus and course looks great but I'm worried about the lack of nightlife etc.

I’m not much of a nightlife person so don’t know much about other places but from experience in fal there’s two clubs (club i and mangos) which are small but there’s also loads of bars and pubs that open with dance space and music. Mangos works by getting a hand stamp and there’s limited amount of these so go here first before going back to spoons! If they do run out can still stay in the bar area though with music and drinks! Student night is Wednesdays where stamps are £3 rather than £5 so most people go out then and/or Saturday! But this is before COVID times so this is likely all changed. I know that nightlife isn’t as much as other unis particularly city there is still nightlife! Freshers also turns the stannary into a club which is really fun with your flat mates! I know they were looking to increase events in the stannary this year but COVID stopped that but they hopefully will return! Hope that helps in some way!
Yes it does thank you so much !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending