The Student Room Group

How do I watch American Netflix?

I wanted to watch the latest star trek discovery episode yesterday which was out in netflix US but not netflix UK and online it said simply jump on a US VPN, ...so i did that and when I logged into the US version quite a few shows were now missing, and even the netflix search turned up nothing and I know they have those shows on US netflix ....so perhaps netflix have cottoned on to this trick and are blocking the shows.

anyways, anyone know any ways to watch american netflix. a way that actually works.
Original post by ANM775
I wanted to watch the latest star trek discovery episode yesterday which was out in netflix US but not netflix UK and online it said simply jump on a US VPN, ...so i did that and when I logged into the US version quite a few shows were now missing, and even the netflix search turned up nothing and I know they have those shows on US netflix ....so perhaps netflix have cottoned on to this trick and are blocking the shows.

anyways, anyone know any ways to watch american netflix. a way that actually works.

VPNs still work for Netflix.

You might need to sign out of Netflix, restart whatever device you’re watching it on and connect the VPN up before you go and sign back into it again. Maybe clear your cookies as well if you’re using a web browser :smile:

If it has nothing telling it where you’ve been then it doesn’t know where you are
Reply 2
Original post by IanDangerously
VPNs still work for Netflix.

You might need to sign out of Netflix, restart whatever device you’re watching it on and connect the VPN up before you go and sign back into it again. Maybe clear your cookies as well if you’re using a web browser :smile:

If it has nothing telling it where you’ve been then it doesn’t know where you are

tbh i think my tv was still signed into netflix when i logged in on laptop and used a us vpn..

i'll try it again...
Reply 3
Move to the US
Reply 4
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Move to the US

seems a bit extreme :biggrin::colonhash:
Reply 5
Move to the US

Never.
Original post by ANM775

Netflix block a lot of VPNs. If you didn't pay for yours/use a reputable service there's a fair chance that that's the problem.
Reply 7
Original post by Vapordave
Netflix block a lot of VPNs. If you didn't pay for yours/use a reputable service there's a fair chance that that's the problem.

im using the cyberghost browser add on vpn, its free

edit: i just did an IP check and it says "City: Tijuana
Region: Baja California

i thought california is in the US but it says mexico on an ip check?

on the proxy i definitely asked for a US proxy
Reply 8
@LovelyMrFox when you go to netflix on your laptop does it look exactly like this?

https://i.postimg.cc/x1RLW90y/netflix.png
Reply 9
Original post by ANM775
seems a bit extreme :biggrin::colonhash:

You didnt specify you wanted something simple.. :tongue:
Original post by ANM775
@LovelyMrFox when you go to netflix on your laptop does it look exactly like this?

https://i.postimg.cc/x1RLW90y/netflix.png

Yes :h:
Original post by ANM775

That's probably the reason.
Reply 11
Original post by ANM775

Baja California and the state California are two different places :facepalm2:
restart pc, turn on us vpn, open netflix windows app
Reply 13
Baja California and the state California are two different places :facepalm2:

i checked another site and it said this for the vpn:

ISP:
M247 Ltd
City:
Las Vegas
Region Name:
Nevada
United States
Timezone:
America/Los_Angeles Local time is 02:58 pm
Device:
Desktop

I've no idea why that one says baja california.

I just checked and the epsiode i need has been uploaded to the UK netflix now, but it's still a shame i can't access the US store....
I also want to watch dexter on netflix but theyve removed it here. i could probably find it to stream on some of the dodgy sites i know... but i'd rather watch it on netflix
Reply 14
Original post by ANM775
i checked another site and it said this for the vpn:

ISP:
M247 Ltd
City:
Las Vegas
Region Name:
Nevada
United States
Timezone:
America/Los_Angeles Local time is 02:58 pm
Device:
Desktop

I've no idea why that one says baja california.

I just checked and the epsiode i need has been uploaded to the UK netflix now, but it's still a shame i can't access the US store....
I also want to watch dexter on netflix but theyve removed it here. i could probably find it to stream on some of the dodgy sites i know... but i'd rather watch it on netflix

That location should work. Out of curiosity, which shows are you looking to watch?
I feel obliged to warn you not to use dodgy sites but Id be a bit of a hypocrite :lol:
Reply 15
That location should work. Out of curiosity, which shows are you looking to watch?
I feel obliged to warn you not to use dodgy sites but Id be a bit of a hypocrite :lol:

I was looking to watch the latest episode of star trek discovery (although it's been uploaded to UK netflix now) ...and I also want to finish watching dexter. I originally started watching it on UK TV many years ago, and i hear it's on netflix but only US netflix
Moved to TV Shows :smile:
You mean Terra Firma 2? I thought a VPN would work? I like Michelle Yeoh, she brings some good acting and credibility to the show.
Reply 18
Original post by 999tigger
You mean Terra Firma 2? I thought a VPN would work? I like Michelle Yeoh, she brings some good acting and credibility to the show.

Forgot about this..

Yes, that's the one.

I like michelle yeoh's accent lol. Although I don't think it's her true accent as I can remember watching her in some stuff around the 00's and i can't remember that accent. I hear she will be staring in her own star trek spinoff show. hopefully that will be good too...

I really wish they'd bring back stargate.
Star Gate Universe wasn't as good as the others, and got cancelled it, ....but after like 1 series i had gotten into it, and was annoyed when they cancelled the show on such a cliffhanger..

Quick Reply

Latest