HPAT Ulster 2021

Scroll to see replies

Maybe it was a test to see how we cope under pressure 😂
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by Anonymous
I’m doing it tomorrow. What did they ask on section 3?

Section 3 was to Analyse workplace burnout and to give your opinion on tolerance. Good luck
My daughter has been through an absolute nightmare, she was supposed to sit exam last night and after hrs of trying to connect it didnt work then same thing again tonite, and now the earliest time slot she got was 10.30 pm so if she does manage to connect tomorrow night it will be 2.30am by the time she finishes.I was shocked to hear that 10.30pm was the earliest slot she could book tomorrow night!its an absolute disgrace and a re sit should be allowed, and anyone with issues should complain to the uni on Monday!shambles
Original post by Notahappycamper
My daughter has been through an absolute nightmare, she was supposed to sit exam last night and after hrs of trying to connect it didnt work then same thing again tonite, and now the earliest time slot she got was 10.30 pm so if she does manage to connect tomorrow night it will be 2.30am by the time she finishes.I was shocked to hear that 10.30pm was the earliest slot she could book tomorrow night!its an absolute disgrace and a re sit should be allowed, and anyone with issues should complain to the uni on Monday!shambles

That’s awful! I hope they get it sorted for her. I’m going to give Ulster a call on Monday and let them know i was waiting over an hour after my scheduled time, then got connected to a proctor who didn’t know how to work the system, which didn’t help with my nerves! I feel like there’ll be plenty of people doing the same! It’s an absolute joke. Definitely isn’t fair at all.
Best of luck to your daughter anyway and i hope something is done to sort all this.
Reply 44
Omg so glad to find and read this thread as I literally knew noone who was sitting the hpat exam too ask them how they found it. I had trouble getting connected also, took so long, was suppose to begin at 8pm but never got started until 9 and finished at like 1am. I was so tired im pretty sure my section 3 was complete rubbish. Does anyone know how much we're actually supposed to have wrote in that section?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Tor234
Omg so glad to find and read this thread. As I literally knew noone who was sitting the hpat exam too ask them how they found it. I had trouble getting connected also, took so long, was suppose to begin at 8pm but never got started until 9 and finished at like 1am. I was so tired im pretty sure my section 3

Haha i’ve been refreshing the thread every two mins hoping more people feel the same😂 I’m sure you were knackered! I found section 1 awful, section 2 was alright, then ran out of time for the last essay. Not hopeful at all but we’re all in the same boat! What are you applying to?
That’s awful! I hope they get it sorted for her. I’m going to give Ulster a call on Monday and let them know i was waiting over an hour after my scheduled time, then got connected to a proctor who didn’t know how to work the system, which didn’t help with my nerves! I feel like there’ll be plenty of people doing the same! It’s an absolute joke. Definitely isn’t fair at all.
Best of luck to your daughter anyway and i hope something is done to sort all this.

Yeah you should, the whole thing has been so distressing, there are communication barriers too with the proctors and no local numbers to ring, i think its very unfair asking students to sit those types of exams online and expect them to sit up to after 3am when your half sleeping and brain has shut down, how about they feel if if was their own kids, Im so annoyed and angry, alot of students are going to be disadvantaged, very unfair system.
Reply 47
Haha i’ve been refreshing the thread every two mins hoping more people feel the same😂 I’m sure you were knackered! I found section 1 awful, section 2 was alright, then ran out of time for the last essay. Not hopeful at all but we’re all in the same boat! What are you applying to?

Section 1 was TERRIBLE, not going to lie, I guessed a large majority of it. Couldn't understand it at all 🙈. The whole experience was awful, I was getting really stressed and anxious when I couldn't get connected to the system also and found my proctor very unclear and vague at times. To say we were disadvantaged this year doing it online is an understatement!! Im applying for slt , but have changed my application year to 2022 now instead. You?
Original post by Tor234
Section 1 was TERRIBLE, not going to lie, I guessed a large majority of it. Couldn't understand it at all 🙈. The whole experience was awful, I was getting really stressed and anxious when I couldn't get connected to the system also and found my proctor very unclear and vague at times. To say we were disadvantaged this year doing it online is an understatement!! Im applying for slt , but have changed my application year to 2022 now instead. You?

Same here! I only got 78 out of the 90 questions for section 1 and 2 completed, and to be honest guessed the majority of them. It was so tight for time. Awh i was supposed to start at 1:30 and didn’t get started until 2:40 because when the proctor finally connected, he didn’t know how to work the system at all. Definitely wasn’t fair at all. Was so difficult doing it online too- would’ve been a lot better to have the paper copy infront of you so you can highlight important info etc. It got so confusing scrolling back and forth. Aw very good! I’ve applied to physiotherapy
Anyone with any sort of issue should email the uni with a complaint, the connection problems seems to be widespread, causing undue additional stress to students, very umfair and disadvantaged, my daughter has to resit for the third time and is stressed to the max before she even sits the exam if she gets to
Yeah you should, the whole thing has been so distressing, there are communication barriers too with the proctors and no local numbers to ring, i think its very unfair asking students to sit those types of exams online and expect them to sit up to after 3am when your half sleeping and brain has shut down, how about they feel if if was their own kids, Im so annoyed and angry, alot of students are going to be disadvantaged, very unfair system.

To be honest i’d say Ulster have already had plenty of complaint about it all. They’ll have to do something with this amount of people experiencing issues. I 100% agree, it’s not a fair system at all. Yeah my proctor really wasn’t understanding me at all, and i could barely understand him. As if we aren’t anxious enough, this didn’t help! My mum isn’t pleased about the whole thing either so if i don’t give them a call, she definitely will😂
Reply 51
I wonder will they change the "satisfactory percentile mark" this year as its much more difficult times. Hmm..
Reply 52
Anyone with any sort of issue should email the uni with a complaint, the connection problems seems to be widespread, causing undue additional stress to students, very umfair and disadvantaged, my daughter has to resit for the third time and is stressed to the max before she even sits the exam if she gets to

Yeah you're right, think I will also complain.
Reply 53
Had a horrible experience, had test booked for Friday 6am, run all the tests, everything was ready, camera microphone internet speed etc, I bought an Ethernet cable for better internet speed . Proctor came on and I found it very difficult to understand her accent. Anyway,she took control of my computer, told me my network wasn’t strong enough and to reschedule another time and cut me off promptly! Was soo annoyed - went online chat to examity and they said it would take some time to rearrange!! For hours afterwards it said test in progress. Finally got another test for Saturday at 7pm, went to my aunt’s house who has high speed internet, waited in line for proctor, again used Ethernet to be told my camera was freezing and network not strong enough again!! I tried online chat with examity they got me on again, same thing again, network not strong enough and said my camera was freezing and cut me off. I ran online internet speed test and it said FAST!! Frantically called a friend nearby borrowed a laptop and finally got on through the chat. It worked this time 1hour and 45 minutes later!!! By this time I was just drained and ready for giving up! Had been Working all day since 6am and exhausted. I was really tired and thinking this just isn’t meant to be, anyway I tried but found it difficult and don’t think I will be getting a good score. Just a horrible experience overall and would much rather take a paper version test. Hope everyone else has better than me! Good luck to all of you on Sunday.
Reply 54
I had so much trouble causing me a great deal of stress saying my network wasn’t strong enough, horrible experience. Took over 8 hrs before they allowed me to reschedule, kept saying my exam was in progress. I usually don’t complain but I think I might complain, always better to complain by email rather than a phone call.
To be honest i’d say Ulster have already had plenty of complaint about it all. They’ll have to do something with this amount of people experiencing issues. I 100% agree, it’s not a fair system at all. Yeah my proctor really wasn’t understanding me at all, and i could barely understand him. As if we aren’t anxious enough, this didn’t help! My mum isn’t pleased about the whole thing either so if i don’t give them a call, she definitely will😂

Original post by Cmcg241
Had a horrible experience, had test booked for Friday 6am, run all the tests, everything was ready, camera microphone internet speed etc, I bought an Ethernet cable for better internet speed . Proctor came on and I found it very difficult to understand her accent. Anyway,she took control of my computer, told me my network wasn’t strong enough and to reschedule another time and cut me off promptly! Was soo annoyed - went online chat to examity and they said it would take some time to rearrange!! For hours afterwards it said test in progress. Finally got another test for Saturday at 7pm, went to my aunt’s house who has high speed internet, waited in line for proctor, again used Ethernet to be told my camera was freezing and network not strong enough again!! I tried online chat with examity they got me on again, same thing again, network not strong enough and said my camera was freezing and cut me off. I ran online internet speed test and it said FAST!! Frantically called a friend nearby borrowed a laptop and finally got on through the chat. It worked this time 1hour and 45 minutes later!!! By this time I was just drained and ready for giving up! Had been Working all day since 6am and exhausted. I was really tired and thinking this just isn’t meant to be, anyway I tried but found it difficult and don’t think I will be getting a good score. Just a horrible experience overall and would much rather take a paper version test. Hope everyone else has better than me! Good luck to all of you on Sunday.

That sounds awful : ( Although with it being the first year online, we all expected there to be issues, just didn’t think it would be this bad. I’m sure you were so tired too 🙁 I 100% agree- i feel like having a paper copy of the exam in front of you is much easier, especially for those long questions so you could highlight important info instead of scrolling back and forth. How did you find it time wise? I ran out of time for section 1 and the second essay in section 3😬 So i’m really not hopeful!
Reply 56
That sounds awful : ( Although with it being the first year online, we all expected there to be issues, just didn’t think it would be this bad. I’m sure you were so tired too 🙁 I 100% agree- i feel like having a paper copy of the exam in front of you is much easier, especially for those long questions so you could highlight important info instead of scrolling back and forth. How did you find it time wise? I ran out of time for section 1 and the second essay in section 3😬 So i’m really not hopeful!
. I’m really not hopeful either. First and second part was tough, definitely needed more time to work out answers, some I spent too much time on and some I then just had to guess, as time was running out. Essay questions I don’t think I have put enough detail in. Found it more difficult than I expected so I really don’t think I have much hope to be honest.
Original post by Tor234
I wonder will they change the "satisfactory percentile mark" this year as its much more difficult times. Hmm..

I was told that they wont, the whole thing is a shambles
What is the satisfactory percentile mark? The only comfort I am taking from the **** ups is that everyone seems to have been in the same position. And those who didnt get on at all get a bit of a breather and can try again. It is definitely really stressful and upsetting. I hope everyone gets a shot at it. Online was definitely much more difficult, I like to see things in front of me to take them in and scrolling up and down was so confusing
Original post by mickeyrosie
What is the satisfactory percentile mark? The only comfort I am taking from the **** ups is that everyone seems to have been in the same position. And those who didnt get on at all get a bit of a breather and can try again. It is definitely really stressful and upsetting. I hope everyone gets a shot at it. Online was definitely much more difficult, I like to see things in front of me to take them in and scrolling up and down was so confusing

Ueah its a complete and utter disgrace, lets hope alot of people complain and the University make adjustments this yr, we are stressed to the max as for the 3rd time my daughter has to try again half 10 tonight but i feel anyone having to sit an exam at night are being disadvantaged before they even begin as they are tired and brain not functioning

Quick Reply

Latest