Can I apply through clearing the same course I have got rejected??

Watch this thread
Say My Name10
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So basically, I have been applying foundation year radiography courses but I have got rejected my top three universities so far. I’m only waiting one uni which I’m not really sure I’ll get it.

Anyway, all those universities told me that I didn’t have the entry requirements I.e GCSE Science. I have got a work experience related to the course I’m applying but turns out that ain’t matter.

I am thinking to start studying GCSES Science soon through Distance learning and I’ll try my best to finish and sit the exams for June.

My question is, can I apply the same universities who rejected me through clearance? Would they accept that I’m doing GCSEs science now and can achieve pass in the summer?

Your opinions and response are much appreciated. Thanks a lot
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
If you don't meet basic GCSE requirements it will still be No.
Say My Name10
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by McGinger)
If you don't meet basic GCSE requirements it will still be No.
I have got all the GCSEs required except Science which I’m hoping to start doing it through DLC online and try to achieve pass next summer.

Can I apply the clearance for the same uni rejected me if I have got a reference from distance learning and confirm I’m doing GCSEs science?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Say My Name10)
I have got all the GCSEs required except Science which I’m hoping to start doing it through DLC online and try to achieve pass next summer.

Can I apply the clearance for the same uni rejected me if I have got a reference from distance learning and confirm I’m doing GCSEs science?
Clearing isn't until August so by that time you will already have your GCSE result and if you have the grade they are looking for then yes you can apply to the same courses that rejected you before, as long as they have spaces of course.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Say My Name10)
So basically, I have been applying foundation year radiography courses but I have got rejected my top three universities so far. I’m only waiting one uni which I’m not really sure I’ll get it.

Anyway, all those universities told me that I didn’t have the entry requirements I.e GCSE Science. I have got a work experience related to the course I’m applying but turns out that ain’t matter.

I am thinking to start studying GCSES Science soon through Distance learning and I’ll try my best to finish and sit the exams for June.

My question is, can I apply the same universities who rejected me through clearance? Would they accept that I’m doing GCSEs science now and can achieve pass in the summer?

Your opinions and response are much appreciated. Thanks a lot
Yes you can reapply through clearing for the same course if your results exceed the reason for rejection.

However if you want to resit science gcse then notify ucas now of a new pending gcse science (there’s an online form to update your qualifications information) and then contact the three universities that rejected you once ucas update your application to let them know that you are bow planning to resit gcse science and ask if they will reconsider your application NOW. There’s no need to wait until August.
Ttyl247
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Email the unis that rejected you and tell them you plan to sit gcse science in the summer and also tell ucas to put gcse science as a pending grade
Oh and also quickly email the uni that you still have left and tell them you plan to sit the gcse science!
I wouldn't suggest waiting till August spaces might be full by then.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
17.24%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
10.34%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
13.79%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
10.34%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
24.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
24.14%

Watched Threads