The Student Room Group

Have a TC - should I stress about a Distinction on the LPC?

I was offered a training contract before I started the GDL. I got a Distinction on the GDL (it was MA Law, so a Masters/GDL) but now that I'm on the LPC, given the online teaching format I'm really struggling to get those high marks.

On my sponsor firm's website, all the solicitors' profiles state their undergrad, GDL and LPC results. I'm really stressing that I won't get a Distinction and therefore be the only one with a lower result. Does this really matter in the long run? Anyone else in this position?
does this matter... no lol
Original post by queenG1808
I was offered a training contract before I started the GDL. I got a Distinction on the GDL (it was MA Law, so a Masters/GDL) but now that I'm on the LPC, given the online teaching format I'm really struggling to get those high marks.

On my sponsor firm's website, all the solicitors' profiles state their undergrad, GDL and LPC results. I'm really stressing that I won't get a Distinction and therefore be the only one with a lower result. Does this really matter in the long run? Anyone else in this position?

Your firm isn't going to care if you get a commendation on the LPC, but they would probably care if you got a pass or failed even a single class. Check with them what their expectations are.
Reply 3
All that matters is what is stipulated in your training contract. Most require a pass at LPC but I have heard of some firms requiring a distinction. Check your contract

Apart from contractually, no one cares about your LPC grade over as long as you pass

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending