Have a TC - should I stress about a Distinction on the LPC?

Watch this thread
queenG1808
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I was offered a training contract before I started the GDL. I got a Distinction on the GDL (it was MA Law, so a Masters/GDL) but now that I'm on the LPC, given the online teaching format I'm really struggling to get those high marks.

On my sponsor firm's website, all the solicitors' profiles state their undergrad, GDL and LPC results. I'm really stressing that I won't get a Distinction and therefore be the only one with a lower result. Does this really matter in the long run? Anyone else in this position?
EU Yakov
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
does this matter... no lol
Gmaster1980
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by queenG1808)
I was offered a training contract before I started the GDL. I got a Distinction on the GDL (it was MA Law, so a Masters/GDL) but now that I'm on the LPC, given the online teaching format I'm really struggling to get those high marks.

On my sponsor firm's website, all the solicitors' profiles state their undergrad, GDL and LPC results. I'm really stressing that I won't get a Distinction and therefore be the only one with a lower result. Does this really matter in the long run? Anyone else in this position?
Your firm isn't going to care if you get a commendation on the LPC, but they would probably care if you got a pass or failed even a single class. Check with them what their expectations are.
sloths
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
All that matters is what is stipulated in your training contract. Most require a pass at LPC but I have heard of some firms requiring a distinction. Check your contract

Apart from contractually, no one cares about your LPC grade over as long as you pass
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (22)
28.21%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (27)
34.62%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (8)
10.26%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.85%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
5.13%
I’m starting to consider my university options (11)
14.1%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (2)
2.56%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed