Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically I am MD of a group of about 14 of my friends and even though I should have seen this coming I know that they're going to piss about for the whole thing and I'm going to have to do all the work. There is another group which I am thinking of joining which I know will work and will do pretty well. However the predicement that I find myself in is that they are my friends and I can't exacltly abandon them, and plus I was the one to tell them about young enterprise anyway. Any ideas about what to do???

ReputationRep:
    Go with the other group :p:

ReputationRep:
    there's only one thing that you can do, work

ReputationRep:
    Do the work yourself. Then if the idea is good you'll have no problem with applying for a patent and owning full rights to it.

ReputationRep:
    its a business so hopefully they will take ti seriously. im sure there will be some people who actually want to take part in the experience and dont just want to piss around.

if you come up with an idea that your friends like they should be willing to put in the effort

ReputationRep:
    Sack them if they do no work.

Better off abandoning them and going into a team with people you know you will work well with.
    I started young enterprise about 3 weeks ago and didn't go with my friends, I knew they would piss me off. I went with 7 others that I (sort of) knew, and get on really well with them now. It's a great way to make new friends:yep: .

ReputationRep:
    Young Enterprise is a joke anyway to be honest.. None of the groups really take it all that seriously heh.

ReputationRep:
    Its' not an unusual situation, in my team about 5 people did most of the work. You could step down as MD, to force the others to do more work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaSagna)
    Its' not an unusual situation, in my team about 5 people did most of the work. You could step down as MD, to force the others to do more work.
    I stepped down as MD. I really can't be asked to put in the effort if others aren't going to do any work. So either someone else takes charge and I just do the job i'm assigned to and so do not have to work that hard, or our group flops and I join the other group who will work. So win-win Cheers for the advice

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.