Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone here considering/applying for Civil Engineering at Imperial? In that case what A lvl subjects/grades are people applying with?

I've been very curious since I read a blog on the net saying Civil engineering at Imperial is very competitive and therefore only people with top-end AAAA (above 90%) will make it in.

My current grades at A lvl are Maths 271/300 A, Further Maths 254/300 A, Physics 261/300 A and Chemistry which I'm on a crush course covering both AS and A2 but aiming for an A at the end anyway.

If there's anyone here with Civil engineering experience at Imperial please confirm if that's the truth ( ) or not ( )

ReputationRep:
    I find that they let almost anyone in, seems little selection technique is employed.

ReputationRep:
    jesus christ, go on the imperial website and look at the entry requirments. get all As and as long as u show a level of mental retardation thats not too high in the interviewing room, ull b ok

ReputationRep:
    I had aabbb when I applied and I got in. I ended up with AAAab though but they picked me before that.. just write a sick personal statement and have a good reference then impress on interview day and you'll get an offer easy (AAA offer).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beetroot roots)
    jesus christ, go on the imperial website and look at the entry requirments. get all As and as long as u show a level of mental retardation thats not too high in the interviewing room, ull b ok
    hear hear

ReputationRep:
    The Civil Engineering department at Imperial College is one of the best kept secrets. They are literally renowned across the world for their amazing postgraduate courses, especially in Geotechnics. Go to any Geotechnics department of a consultancy e.g. Arup, Atkins, BP and half their employees have completed a Masters at Imperial, or attended a conference there.

Consequently the undergraduate course ain't half-decent, but this is only just beginning to be reflected in their demand for entry! Companies jump at the 80 or so students who graduate from the department every year. If you don't want to work straight away your opportunities for postgraduate study at the department are vast!

Basically, you picked a great course that not many people know is so great!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.