Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Uni starts this monday and I was wondering what the subject timetable will be like, cause I know some unis allow you to change slots for lesson times to avoid big gaps etc, so I was wondering if Portsmouth Uni is the same.

Also if your lucky do you get days off?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    It depends on what course you're doing, of course.

But unless I've got the wrong end of the stick, here's an example:

We're divided into 2 groups on my course. We have the better timetable, but sometimes on a Monday, Group B has classes that we'd have on a Tuesday and they happen to be during our gaps. So we'd call it a "nine to fiver" where you'd come in and take all the classes you could so that you didn't have to attend them tomorrow therefore having an almost or completely free day. Pointless thing to do cos you wouldn't learn a thing but at least you attended and well, that's what matters, apparently.

Is that what you meant?

ReputationRep:
    OK cheers, yeah thats what I meant but IF I choose to attend a lesson during a gap will I need to tell the lecturer or do I just turn up?

ReputationRep:
    Just turn up. As long as there is space. Seminars however don't allow that often, only unless you missed one then you have to ask permission to sit in. Otherwise you'd just get the notes from a coursemate.

ReputationRep:
    dependant on the lesson not being really early the next day i'd probably rather spread them out a bit.... not gonna achieve anything by cramming it all into a day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zmaricz)
    dependant on the lesson not being really early the next day i'd probably rather spread them out a bit.... not gonna achieve anything by cramming it all into a day!
    Exactly. Most of you will only get 16 hours a day...hardly time consuming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nanananabatman)
    Exactly. Most of you will only get 16 hours a week...hardly time consuming.
    fixed that for ya

ReputationRep:
    Only been awake for 10 mins, sorry!

(ok, not 10 mins. but still!)

ReputationRep:
    OP, which department/faculty is your course in?

Go here: http://www.port.ac.uk/lookup/mydepartment/ and select yours, then the course. You'll find your induction timetable there.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JT87)
    Ahem:

Edited by zmaricz
    Exactly. Most of you will only get 16 hours a week...hardly time consuming.

University open days

• University of Portsmouth
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 1 Dec '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.