Ann2202
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone! Wondering if anyone has had any contact with the university for the Primary PGCE application? I’ve submitted my storytelling interview but so far heard nothing about a yes/no for the next stage
Maria202093
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hi,I am the same. I have not received feedback yet, and I think it could be the New Year until hearing now.
Ann2202
Rep:
(Original post by Maria202093)
Hi,I am the same. I have not received feedback yet, and I think it could be the New Year until hearing now.
I think at this stage you might be right there. I was hoping it might be before Christmas for the interviews being in January but not seeming likely.
jkroberta
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I’m in the same boat was hoping to hear before Xmas
Ann2202
Rep:
(Original post by jkroberta)
I’m in the same boat was hoping to hear before Xmas
Yeah it’s a shame, but at least we’re in the same position I guess makes me feel a tad better anyway
jkroberta
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Absolutely! 😁 fingers crossed 🤞
Shan93_
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Haven’t heard anything back yet either. Maybe with covid they’re figuring out how to conduct the interview and exam. This time last year when I’d applied, I had word that the interview and exam was taking place in January so probably a bit delayed this year
Ann2202
Rep:
(Original post by Shan93_)
Haven’t heard anything back yet either. Maybe with covid they’re figuring out how to conduct the interview and exam. This time last year when I’d applied, I had word that the interview and exam was taking place in January so probably a bit delayed this year
Sounds about right yeah. I’d be surprised if the interview wasn’t held over zoom with the way things are going. Hadn’t heard there was an exam aspect to the interview though, what was that like last year?
Shan93_
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Yeah there’s an hour exam/test, mixture of maths and English. We all worked on the exam and were called out to do our interview and then back in to finish the exam when our interview was over. So maybe trying to figure out how to include the exam somehow before contacting people
Ann2202
Rep:
(Original post by Shan93_)
Yeah there’s an hour exam/test, mixture of maths and English. We all worked on the exam and were called out to do our interview and then back in to finish the exam when our interview was over. So maybe trying to figure out how to include the exam somehow before contacting people
Ahh okay, and was this in addition to the professional skills tests? Well fingers crossed we get some word next week perhaps
Shan93_
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
There was no professional skills test last year. It was storytelling, followed by the 1 hour test which was basically like a past 11+ paper and interview. That was all
aoibheannquigley
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I haven’t heard anything after story-telling either! Hopefully hear something soon since they said interviews would be happening in January 😊
Megs1404
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hello everyone,
Has anyone heard anything back yet?☺️
Maria202093
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi, no personally I have not received feedback yet since submitting my storytelling video.
Ann2202
Rep:
Yeah I’ve still not heard anything back, hopefully won’t be much longer
jkroberta
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Nothing here either!
Megs1404
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I am constantly checking my emails!🙈
Ann2202
Rep:
I’ve sent an email in just to see if there are any updates. With schools on rota at the minute it would be super handy for interviews in January but it’s not looking likely I’ll let you all know if I hear anything back though!
Ann2202
Rep:
Okay, so the email I got back basically just said the videos are still being marked and things are very likely to be delayed. She didn’t mention any sort of timeline - just to keep checking emails.
Megs1404
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ann2202)
Okay, so the email I got back basically just said the videos are still being marked and things are very likely to be delayed. She didn’t mention any sort of timeline - just to keep checking emails.
Aw thanks for letting us know! Who did you email if you don’t mind me asking? I had sent an email just before Christmas and still haven’t had anything back.
Last edited by Megs1404; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (54)
12.27%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.82%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (119)
27.05%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (40)
9.09%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (204)
46.36%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed