The Student Room Group

Coleraine PGCE 2021/22

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emma3004
Yeh I’d assume so!! Check your junk/spam as there’s some documentation we have to sort out!

Yes, got my email today thankfully. They must do it in stages! I have just sent off the references forms and done the access NI! 🙌
Original post by KTN15
So glad I have found this page. Has anyone had an interview for secondary English yet?? How did it go and what sort of questions were asked I am extremely nervous for mine this week!

Hi! During my English interview I was asked mainly about extra curricular activities I would implement in a school I taught in, what I was reading, my school experience etc. Have you had your interview? Apologies I’m getting back to you so late!
Hi everyobe, glad to hear most of youse have received news on offers. I’m just messaging as it’s my first time applying for teaching. Does your references only be contacted after your interview if your being considered or are they contacted prior to the interview.

Sorry for the silly question just unsure what way education sector works their references prior or after interview. 🥰
Original post by Nnichleirigh
Hi everyobe, glad to hear most of youse have received news on offers. I’m just messaging as it’s my first time applying for teaching. Does your references only be contacted after your interview if your being considered or are they contacted prior to the interview.

Sorry for the silly question just unsure what way education sector works their references prior or after interview. 🥰

Hi,
I was sent a form to forward onto my two references, that they had to complete and send back to the uni. This was after I accepted my offer of a place.
Good luck!
Original post by Nico124
Hi,
I was sent a form to forward onto my two references, that they had to complete and send back to the uni. This was after I accepted my offer of a place.
Good luck!

Thank you so much dotes ❤️ I applied for st Mary’s & we provide all of that in our application forms. Thanks huny here’s hoping xox
(edited 3 years ago)
Anyone for PGCE Primary still waiting to hear? Got an email a few days ago chasing up references. Hoping it won't be too much longer...
Original post by HanaCathC
Anyone for PGCE Primary still waiting to hear? Got an email a few days ago chasing up references. Hoping it won't be too much longer...

I got this email too, still waiting though!
Reply 327
same here. I'd feels like it's been for so long. :0)
Original post by gumph
same here. I'd feels like it's been for so long. :0)

Awh its such a long process isnt it! Is this your first time applying? x
Hi everyone! Hope you are all keeping well. Has anyone heard anything yet?
Original post by Megs1404
Hi everyone! Hope you are all keeping well. Has anyone heard anything yet?

I got an email last week chasing up one of my references, and they said all references had to be in by the 23rd of April. But apart from that nothing! Having my fingers crossed we'll hear soon.
Original post by HanaCathC
I got an email last week chasing up one of my references, and they said all references had to be in by the 23rd of April. But apart from that nothing! Having my fingers crossed we'll hear soon.

All the same here. I must check my application summary about 3 times a day lol!
Original post by biv4020
All the same here. I must check my application summary about 3 times a day lol!

Update: I have been checking to see if the Department has published intake numbers, they have the numbers for 2021/22 up now!
: https://www.education-ni.gov.uk/articles/approved-intakes-initial-teacher-education-courses#toc-0

Primary PGCE at Ulster is capped at 33 (same numbers as the last few years). Numbers are out and final deadline for references is tomorrow, so I would imagine we will hear very soon!
Reply 333
thank you for this. I really hope so.
Original post by gumph
thank you for this. I really hope so.

Same, its been a veryyyy long waiting process! Best of luck, hopefully I will see you in September!
Reply 335
yes. fingers crossed. :0)
Original post by biv4020
Update: I have been checking to see if the Department has published intake numbers, they have the numbers for 2021/22 up now!
: https://www.education-ni.gov.uk/articles/approved-intakes-initial-teacher-education-courses#toc-0

Primary PGCE at Ulster is capped at 33 (same numbers as the last few years). Numbers are out and final deadline for references is tomorrow, so I would imagine we will hear very soon!

Thank you for this! Best of luck everyone, hopefully we get the news we’re hoping for🙏🏼🤞🏼
Has anyone heard any word? Post primary English
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 338
hello..had anyone waiting on news for primary heard anything since the references stage?
Reply 339
Sorry I mean has

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending