Can I get a job in cosmetic science with a pharmacy degree?

Watch
Justsomegirl_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Okay so my passion is cosmetic science, I don't want my career to go in any other direction. I'm in love with Leicester so I want to do Pharmaceutical and cosmetic science at DMU but heard that it's heavily pharmaceutical-based. Are the principles learnt in pharmaceutical science transferrable to cosmetics that it wouldn't even matter or should I have my eye on courses that focus solely on cosmetic science like UAL or Sunderland. My choices are:
Chemistry with a cosmetic science at Reading.
Pharmaceutical and cosmetic science at DMU.
Cosmetic science at UAL.
Cosmetic science at Sunderland.

I'm still waiting to hear back from them since I just submitted my application but I'm still unsure about which one I'd go for.

can people who have done or do these courses offer some insight? or if you've applied for this course for 2021 and have found a bit of information on what it's like to study these courses, also let me know.
Last edited by Justsomegirl_; 5 months ago
UniversityOfSunderland
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Justsomegirl_)
Okay so my passion is cosmetic science, I don't want my career to go in any other direction. I'm in love with Leicester so I want to do Pharmaceutical and cosmetic science at DMU but heard that it's heavily pharmaceutical-based. Are the principles learnt in pharmaceutical science transferrable to cosmetics that it wouldn't even matter or should I have my eye on courses that focus solely on cosmetic science like UAL or Sunderland. My choices are:
Cosmetic science at UAL.

I'm still waiting to hear back from them since I just submitted my application but I'm still unsure about which one I'd go for.

can people who have done or do these courses offer some insight? or if you've applied for this course for 2021 and have found a bit of information on what it's like to study these courses, also let me know.
Hi there,
I've linked to Auste's profile here who is a current student of ours studying Cosmetic Science, her insight will be really useful to you.
De Montfort University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Justsomegirl_)
Cosmetic science at UAL.

Hi there,

Glad to hear that you are considering DMU as an option to study Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Science! Our course is one of a handful of University courses nationally that combines pharmaceutics with a cosmetic element, which is advantageous as it means you will possess the skills to enter both industries. With your interest being mainly in cosmetics, you will be taught by experts in cosmetics and will have the opportunity to develop these skills through modules on the course as you progress throughout the three years. Some of our students have gone to develop products that have lined big name stores! https://www.dmu.ac.uk/about-dmu/news...me-stores.aspx so don't be put off by the fact it doesn't focus on solely cosmetic science.

For more information and to speak to a student first-hand, here is a link where you can chat with a Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Science graduate https://www.dmu.ac.uk/study/chat-wit...ent/index.aspx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (98)
39.68%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
10.93%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.29%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.08%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.15%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed