The Student Room Group

Blood after sex..

Hi, I’ve been with my partner for just over a year now and for a few months I’ve had a bit of spotting after sex. I’m
On the pill and antidepressants. I consulted my dr who said side effect can be dryness so we’ve been using some lubricant and that worked for a bit but now it’s back again. It’s only spotting like I say. I called my sexual health service near me and they’ve done an examination and bloods swabs etc. All fine. I called them Again the other day as it’s still happening and they said it could be ectropian bleeding. It’s just annoying more than anything! I’ve also got HPV so I go for smears yearly and I go religiously and they’ve all come back fine thank goodness! Just wondering if anyone else has had this sort of issue?
Just to clarify, I only have the blood when I wipe and after a few wipes it’s gone!
You could potentially ask to be referred to gynaecologist to get some treatment for an ectropion or a polyp
Original post by kernowgirl246
Hi, I’ve been with my partner for just over a year now and for a few months I’ve had a bit of spotting after sex. I’m
On the pill and antidepressants. I consulted my dr who said side effect can be dryness so we’ve been using some lubricant and that worked for a bit but now it’s back again. It’s only spotting like I say. I called my sexual health service near me and they’ve done an examination and bloods swabs etc. All fine. I called them Again the other day as it’s still happening and they said it could be ectropian bleeding. It’s just annoying more than anything! I’ve also got HPV so I go for smears yearly and I go religiously and they’ve all come back fine thank goodness! Just wondering if anyone else has had this sort of issue?

Girl if your doctor says nothings wrong trust him because some blood after sex is normal! its weird but bleeding after sex is medically known as postcoital bleeding. It occurs in women of all ages. In younger women who haven’t reached menopause, the source of the bleeding is usually the cervix. So occasional light bleeding is usually not a cause for concern and thankfully your smear tests are fine!

Quick Reply

Latest