The Student Room Group

I’m going to fail my mocks 😭

I’ve got mocks in January right after the holidays
I’ve already planned what I’m doing throughout the two weeks and I don’t think I can physically do all of it by the end of the holidays. Today I spent the whole day doing some work and I didn’t even finish half of it. It’s just piling up and I’m adding more and more for the next days. I feel so exhausted but it’s my fault for not revising earlier. I’m trying to go over content but then also do practice questions which is so time consuming but helpful and for philosophy a level , I just don’t know what to do. Any advice would be much appreciated 😭
Original post by Blue_skies124
I’ve got mocks in January right after the holidays
I’ve already planned what I’m doing throughout the two weeks and I don’t think I can physically do all of it by the end of the holidays. Today I spent the whole day doing some work and I didn’t even finish half of it. It’s just piling up and I’m adding more and more for the next days. I feel so exhausted but it’s my fault for not revising earlier. I’m trying to go over content but then also do practice questions which is so time consuming but helpful and for philosophy a level , I just don’t know what to do. Any advice would be much appreciated 😭

What A-Levels do you do?
Original post by 5hyl33n
What A-Levels do you do?

Biology, chemistry and philosophy
Biology, chemistry and philosophy

I only do Chemistry out of those. What is your mock covering in Chemistry? I don't mind helping you revise for that. :biggrin:
The 7th and 12th for paper 1 and paper 2
I wish I started earlier but I had covid and that took me a while to recover from and then I had to catch up on all of the school work that I missed on
It’s unfair to think that if exams don’t go ahead these grades may be used
The 7th and 12th for paper 1 and paper 2
I wish I started earlier but I had covid and that took me a while to recover from and then I had to catch up on all of the school work that I missed on
It’s unfair to think that if exams don’t go ahead these grades may be used

Oh, I'm sorry to hear you got Covid. I hope you are better now. Have you told your teachers? They may be a bit more lenient when marking your paper or when awarding you a grade.

I would suggest going through the textbook and making a list of all the topics you are not confident on. After that, order the topics with the one you find most difficult first. Tackle one each day and even if you don't know everything by the end, hopefully, you will have covered the majority.
Original post by 5hyl33n
Oh, I'm sorry to hear you got Covid. I hope you are better now. Have you told your teachers? They may be a bit more lenient when marking your paper or when awarding you a grade.

I would suggest going through the textbook and making a list of all the topics you are not confident on. After that, order the topics with the one you find most difficult first. Tackle one each day and even if you don't know everything by the end, hopefully, you will have covered the majority.

True, I’ve already done that but today, I didn’t even finish my list so I’m having to carry it on for tomorrow
I’m starting from the beginning for biology, but I’ve already forgotten things and I still need to do exam questions on what I’ve completed
I don’t know how I’ll cover everything in time but I’ll have to try
They already know my situation but I don’t think they care because a lot of students have had it too

Quick Reply

Latest