muhammad0112
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
This seems like a really weird question, but lets says I was learning about conformity, Is it okay for me to have the flashcard question "What were the 3 types of conformities that Kellman (1958) suggested" - And the other side would be the 3 types. I'm scared that if I have a flashcard like that, I am not gonna remember the psychologist's name in the exam, cos I wouldn't have activelly recalled it. Or is it fine to make flashcards with the name in the question.

I really don't wanna make a separate flashcards stating "which psychologist developed theory X"
Last edited by muhammad0112; 5 months ago
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by muhammad0112)
This seems like a really weird question, but lets says I was learning about conformity, Is it okay for me to have the flashcard question "What were the 3 types of conformities that Kellman (1958) suggested" - And the other side would be the 3 types. I'm scared that if I have a flashcard like that, I am not gonna remember the psychologist's name in the exam, cos I wouldn't have activelly recalled it. Or is it fine to make flashcards with the name in the question.

I really don't wanna make a separate flashcards stating "which psychologist developed theory X"
It really depends on your brain and how you best learn. You can try making a flashcard with that question and then when you're doing practice exams, if you struggle to recall the name then you know you need to change your flashcards.

For me personally, I had 3-4 flashcards for the same thing. It is a lot of flashcards however it meant that I was easily able to recall the date, name and what study it was really easily. For example:
- What were the 3 types of conformities that Kellman (1958) suggested?
- Which psychologist suggested the 3 types of conformities in 1958?
- In which year did Kellman suggest his 3 types of conformities?
- How many types of conformities did Kellman (1958) suggest?

Won't work for everyone but for me it was so helpful. I used Quizlet so the flashcards were digital and I didn't waste loads of cards/time creating them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.77%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.69%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (68)
20.92%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.46%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed