The Student Room Group

Best uni town in England to live

May be a bit exotic - I am a little older, Oxford distance graduate and I would like to live in the UK again - for a while, for the rest of my life, if family ends up being there.
Apart from Oxford, which I like very much but find a bit too... Asian as it is, and Cambridge (that doesn't gel with me) - is there a quintessential English smart/educated woman's town where I could hope to meet someone Caucasian and sane?
I lived in Teddington for a while as well, and remember it fondly, but more due to work where there were some charming geeks (I was not able to be with at the time)
Reply 1
London is the Bridget Jones location of choice. Other than that perhaps Bath or Bristol, particularly if you like posh engineers!
Reply 2
Original post by ajj2000
London is the Bridget Jones l2ocation of choice. Other than that perhaps Bath or Bristol, particularly if you like posh engineers!

Lol 😆
My question is mostly 'will they be English'?
Living on the continent, I've had enough of 'we know it all (best)' Turks, Syrians and other Ottomans - and I neither China nor India admiring.
Reply 3
Original post by PRomanov
Lol 😆
My question is mostly 'will they be English'?
Living on the continent, I've had enough of 'we know it all (best)' Turks, Syrians and other Ottomans - and I neither China nor India admiring.

London - no, Bath - yes
Reply 4
Original post by ajj2000
London - no, Bath - yes

I *am* neither China nor India admiring

What's Bristol like?
What about Warwick?
Reply 5
Original post by PRomanov
I *am* neither China nor India admiring

What's Bristol like?
What about Warwick?

Bristol is a very pretty city in an attractive part of the country. Very expensive though.

By Warwick do you mean the town, the university (which is not in Warwick), or the county?
Reply 6
You caught the lack on my knowledge on it just there - have never visited it, but did know someone who decided to study there since it was allegedly high quality without sounding too posh. Where do people who study there usually live?Re: Bristol - what is expensive there - housing, or other things?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending