sameer5
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I have got GCSE mocks in Febuary but I am quite suck on to how to set my revison. A revision timetable because i dont know what to revise and if I need to revise for it. Morover when i revise it just falls out of my head. Currently I am underperfoming in all my subjects, for my A levels i require Grade 7 and above for my GCSE subjects and the sixth form is really competive, what should i do?
Allera
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi,
I recommend you appoint an hour every day for each subject, preferably in the morning when your brain is at its freshest. And start studying each subject from the back of your book rather than from the beginning because it usually is the easiest at the start. When studying for GCSE's I found it useful having a revision guide. You can compare your revision guide and textbook and add additional notes to the revision guides. It makes last-minute revision very easy. I recommend CGP. I spent around 4-6 months just doing past papers every day for each subject. For example, I did paper 1 and 2 for Biology on Monday and then did Paper 1 and 2 for Chemistry on Tuesday and so on. I took Saturday as a break so I didn't burn out. Towards the end, it is usually the most tiring and frustrating but most crucial. Doing past papers really helped me know how to apply my knowledge and go from grade 5 to grade 9. Every day before you do a past paper just revise the subject and soon after a few past papers, you'll have the entire syllabus memorized!
Hope it helps and feel free to message me if you need any more help!
sameer5
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by Allera)
Hi,
I recommend you appoint an hour every day for each subject, preferably in the morning when your brain is at its freshest. And start studying each subject from the back of your book rather than from the beginning because it usually is the easiest at the start. When studying for GCSE's I found it useful having a revision guide. You can compare your revision guide and textbook and add additional notes to the revision guides. It makes last-minute revision very easy. I recommend CGP. I spent around 4-6 months just doing past papers every day for each subject. For example, I did paper 1 and 2 for Biology on Monday and then did Paper 1 and 2 for Chemistry on Tuesday and so on. I took Saturday as a break so I didn't burn out. Towards the end, it is usually the most tiring and frustrating but most crucial. Doing past papers really helped me know how to apply my knowledge and go from grade 5 to grade 9. Every day before you do a past paper just revise the subject and soon after a few past papers, you'll have the entire syllabus memorized!
Hope it helps and feel free to message me if you need any more help!
Hi! Thanks for the advice There are a limited amount of past papers for me to use as I can only acsess the new 9-1 past papers, and i have done mist of them. Do you have any websites for more past papers?
Allera
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by sameer5)
Hi! Thanks for the advice There are a limited amount of past papers for me to use as I can only acsess the new 9-1 past papers, and i have done mist of them. Do you have any websites for more past papers?
You can try SaveMyExams (P.S. it's really good they have past papers, revision notes and videos, and topic questions with the mark schemes as well.) or XtremePapers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (77)
29.06%
No (188)
70.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed