The Student Room Group

Please tell me why... What's wrong with me?

I use to like this guy a lot. I'm pretty sure my eyes brightened each time I talked about him or when someone spoke or if I spoke to him. We had some fights and broke off our friendship (more like he did) but then later on were friends again. I thought I would get over him but why does my heart still feel heavy. I don't get it. Why do I still feel sad when I know he won't like me back and that I should move on. Why do I feel like crying. We haven't talked in sometime I thought I would be over everything. But I still feel like I remember everything like it happened yesterday. Why does the thought of him hurt so bad... The sound of his voice too or if a voice sounds similar to his voice... It hurts so much... If I get reminded of him. I hate this really hate it. I feel at war with myself one part of me knows I shouldn't care, that I'm not worthless. But in my heart I can't help but feel worthless, sad and weak. Also I tried to move on I know ther are other guys but I can't for some reason. It's like something's stopping me. Why am I like this? What is wrong with me?😢
Original post by Anonymous
I use to like this guy a lot. I'm pretty sure my eyes brightened each time I talked about him or when someone spoke or if I spoke to him. We had some fights and broke off our friendship (more like he did) but then later on were friends again. I thought I would get over him but why does my heart still feel heavy. I don't get it. Why do I still feel sad when I know he won't like me back and that I should move on. Why do I feel like crying. We haven't talked in sometime I thought I would be over everything. But I still feel like I remember everything like it happened yesterday. Why does the thought of him hurt so bad... The sound of his voice too or if a voice sounds similar to his voice... It hurts so much... If I get reminded of him. I hate this really hate it. I feel at war with myself one part of me knows I shouldn't care, that I'm not worthless. But in my heart I can't help but feel worthless, sad and weak. Also I tried to move on I know ther are other guys but I can't for some reason. It's like something's stopping me. Why am I like this? What is wrong with me?😢

At a guess I would say you probably still feel for the guy, attracted to him. There have been times when I longed for a girl after it not happening. It can take a long time to get over, a couple of years or more from not seeing them at all I've tended to find. If another person comes along who you really take a fancy to that can help, that happens but not frequently I find, again it can be a year or so, possibly a few years.

I think the main thing to avoid in relationships is arguments, they're nearly always poison for a relationship. Occasionally some couples get off on the squabbling almost like it's a game but I don't think a lot of people fall into that category. So while it can be difficult keeping calm and trying to avoid or find another way around a problem is probably best. Sometimes explaining the issues you have in a practical non emotional way can help the other person understand the logic of the whole situation and where you're at. Whether that can repair old relationships I'm not really sure.
Reply 2
Original post by Gavin2016
At a guess I would say you probably still feel for the guy, attracted to him. There have been times when I longed for a girl after it not happening. It can take a long time to get over, a couple of years or more from not seeing them at all I've tended to find. If another person comes along who you really take a fancy to that can help, that happens but not frequently I find, again it can be a year or so, possibly a few years.

I think the main thing to avoid in relationships is arguments, they're nearly always poison for a relationship. Occasionally some couples get off on the squabbling almost like it's a game but I don't think a lot of people fall into that category. So while it can be difficult keeping calm and trying to avoid or find another way around a problem is probably best. Sometimes explaining the issues you have in a practical non emotional way can help the other person understand the logic of the whole situation and where you're at. Whether that can repair old relationships I'm not really sure.

Oka thx. Also you speak more professionally😅
Oka thx. Also you speak more professionally😅

Thanks, you're most welcome :smile:

You have a bad case of Oneitis. It's a common affliction.

You can't help your emotions. Nobody can. What you can help is how you act in response to your emotions.

Feel your emotions to the full. And use them as a spur for you to take action to improve the romantic relationship area of your life.
I think you are in love with him still. Just send him a message and see how he is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending