The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

I cannot find my course on UCAS

I want to study BA History at UEA. However despite the course being available on their website (course code V100) for a 2021 start the plain old BA history course isn’t on the “choices” list for UEA.

It’s weird as the foundation year BA History is available. I’m so stressed and confused! My friend told me they can’t close applications for it until the UCAS 15th of Jan deadline so do you think this is a glitch? I find it hard to believe that they don’t offer regular history when they offer the foundation year.

I don’t want to be forced to spent 4 years at uni to do foundation when I have the entry requirements for regular BA history.

I’m planning to call UCAS tomorrow to see what the hell is going on but I’m so stressed I feel sick. Any advice or words of comfort would be great.
Yo

I would definitely call UCAS, and then hopefully something should be sorted out for you. Try not to worry too much, have a cup of tea or try to relax when you can, it is the Christmas holidays after all.

Just keep in mind what you have to do and how you're gonna do it. At this point you just need to ask UCAS and get some answers, if that doesn't work, you can try calling UEA or your school for more guidance

I hope this manages to get sorted out
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
There was a big UCAS update yesterday - its possible things may not have reinstated properly.
If it doesnt reappear, phone UCAS in the morning.
Reply 3
Hey, I hope you've managed to get this sorted now but if not, here are some words of reassurance - the exact same thing happened to me!!!! My course was new for this year and when I went to apply it wasn't in UCAS - I called both UEA and UCAS and it was sorted within a few days, so don't worry :smile:
Original post by beanie24
Hey, I hope you've managed to get this sorted now but if not, here are some words of reassurance - the exact same thing happened to me!!!! My course was new for this year and when I went to apply it wasn't in UCAS - I called both UEA and UCAS and it was sorted within a few days, so don't worry :smile:

Hello! I ended up calling UCAS and the guy said that it should be there and when I said it wasn’t he said that UEA hasn’t added it into UCAS. I then go on to internet chat with UEA (with Sarah I believe, she was amazing) and she said it should be there. Eventually she had to check that there wasn’t something wrong with my application and she helped me to manually input the information. We all still have no idea why the course is not appearing for me when I used the UCAS finder tool.
Thankfully it is all sorted!!
Reply 5
Original post by Thehippie789
Hello! I ended up calling UCAS and the guy said that it should be there and when I said it wasn’t he said that UEA hasn’t added it into UCAS. I then go on to internet chat with UEA (with Sarah I believe, she was amazing) and she said it should be there. Eventually she had to check that there wasn’t something wrong with my application and she helped me to manually input the information. We all still have no idea why the course is not appearing for me when I used the UCAS finder tool.
Thankfully it is all sorted!!

Oh that's good! 😊 I'm glad you got it sorted!!! Is UEA your top choice? If so, if you want to know anything about it I can try to answer as I go there x]Oh that's good! 😊 I'm glad you got it sorted!!! Is UEA your top choice? If so, if you want to know anything about it I can try to answer as I go there x
Original post by beanie24
Oh that's good! 😊 I'm glad you got it sorted!!! Is UEA your top choice? If so, if you want to know anything about it I can try to answer as I go there x]Oh that's good! 😊 I'm glad you got it sorted!!! Is UEA your top choice? If so, if you want to know anything about it I can try to answer as I go there x

I so sorry to get back to you so late! Yes they are my first choice and a couple of days ago they gave me an unconditional offer!! I would love to ask you some questions, thank you. Is the campus easy to navigate? Have you joined any clubs you would recommend? Is the gym nice? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending