Should I take triple science (GCSE) ? - please help

Watch this thread
username1569
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I got a 9-8 in combined science on my mocks (GCSE) and I am able to move up to triple science (I want to do physics A-level) is it worth switching to triple or should I stay on combined ? - thanks
Last edited by username1569; 1 year ago
physicslover24
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by username1569)
I got a 9-8 in combined science on my mocks (GCSE) and I am able to move up to triple science (I want to do physics A-level) is it worth switching to triple or should I stay on combined ? - thanks
Honestly triple science isn’t hard, ( I actually sat the gcse exam I’m in y13 now) and it’s beneficial for AS you have like a couple more topics but in terms of complexity it’s not hard at all ahah! Plus you get an extra gcse.

Oh also I do physics a level and the only thing that probably helped from triple was the stars topic loool I mean it didn’t help that much if I’m honest but that’s bc some topics at gcse phys only come into play in A2 so.

I have a friend who did combined science gcse and she’s not behind , but it’s not hard to catch up at all tbh
Last edited by physicslover24; 1 year ago
username1569
Rep:
(Original post by physicslover24)
Honestly triple science isn’t hard, ( I actually sat the gcse exam I’m in y13 now) and it’s beneficial for AS you have like a couple more topics but in terms of complexity it’s not hard at all ahah! Plus you get an extra gcse.
Thanks
username1569
Rep:
(Original post by physicslover24)

Oh also I do physics a level and the only thing that probably helped from triple was the stars topic loool I mean it didn’t help that much if I’m honest but that’s bc some topics at gcse phys only come into play in A2 so.

I have a friend who did combined science gcse and she’s not behind , but it’s not hard to catch up at all tbh
If it isn't more complex i'll take it for the slight extra help at a level and the extra GCSE. - thank you
physicslover24
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by username1569)
If it isn't more complex i'll take it for the slight extra help at a level and the extra GCSE. - thank you
No problem- the “hardest” exam out of all of them was of course physics but in a level it kinda gets worse until you figure out ur exam technique ( I was very surprised when I got my first B -.-)

If you need any help/resources just dm I can send some things I used. Oh also I say it’s not hard bc I used the CGP revision guides for bio chem and phys got 9’s in all lmfaooo. But with gcse you can waffle a lot and get the marks( i did ahah)- in a level phys this isn’t the case.

There’s 100 marks Per paper but honestly once you start doing triple science papers and you later attempt a combined paper for the fun of it you’ll be like “ only 60 marks? That’s so easy “ at least that’s how it was for me ;-;
Last edited by physicslover24; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Sociology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (9)
21.95%
The paper was reasonable (19)
46.34%
Not feeling great about that exam... (8)
19.51%
It was TERRIBLE (5)
12.2%

Watched Threads