The Student Room Group

I’m Moroccan-ask me anything:)

As above

Scroll to see replies

Which languages do you speak? I’ve met quite a few Moroccan polyglots!
Original post by hajar16
As above

are you Arab or African. I think calling north Africa Arab is wrong BC Arabians colonised them I think but idk.?? do u speak both languages, also what religion r u?:redface:
(edited 3 years ago)
popcorn preference :holmes:
Reply 4
What’s your favourite ethnic dish? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by lemonadetea

It’s a long story but I speak English, Arabic (darija-Moroccan dialect) and Turkish. I can understand French but can’t speak it 😂
Reply 6
Original post by lemonadetea

And Yh you’re right the majority of us know more than one language :smile:
What's your favourite food?
Reply 8
Original post by csmh1912
are you Arab or African. I think calling north Africa Arab is wrong BC Arabians colonised them I think but idk.?? do u speak both languages, also what religion r u?:redface:

I don’t even know the answer to this 😂😂 like sometimes I just put the other option in surveys and say North African. Unless you know your family heritage then it’s quite hard to figure out because we could be berber/Arab/french/African maybe even Spanish lol because of our countries history (I don’t really know lol I think I’m mixed if I judge it off skin colour). I’m Muslim and if your talking about amazaighian I only speak darija :smile: hope that helped answer ur question I’m also confused about this topic might get a dna test!
Reply 9
Original post by Obolinda
popcorn preference :holmes:

Toffee popcorn or sweet and saltyyy
Original post by Nadia-J
What’s your favourite ethnic dish? :smile:

I can’t decide between djaj m9eli or bastilla dyal 7out both are my favvvv Moroccan dishes, tbh I love everything especially our breakfast foods like (7arsha/egg and khli3....) ufff it’s too hard to choose 😂
Reply 10
Original post by black tea
What's your favourite food?

Moroccan food ofcccc but I also like Turkish/Arab and Chinese 😂😂 I’m so indecisive
what city are you from?
im from Tanger
Reply 12
Original post by hajar16
I don’t even know the answer to this 😂😂 like sometimes I just put the other option in surveys and say North African. Unless you know your family heritage then it’s quite hard to figure out because we could be berber/Arab/french/African maybe even Spanish lol because of our countries history (I don’t really know lol I think I’m mixed if I judge it off skin colour). I’m Muslim and if your talking about amazaighian I only speak darija :smile: hope that helped answer ur question I’m also confused about this topic might get a dna test!

Country’s*
Reply 13
Original post by KAy1a.2021
what city are you from?
im from Tanger

My family is from fez. I want to visit tanger so baddd it sounds like the best coastal city, whenever we come to Maghreb even though we get the ferry to tangier we never stay :frown:
Original post by hajar16
My family is from fez. I want to visit tanger so baddd it sounds like the best coastal city, whenever we come to Maghreb even though we get the ferry to tangier we never stay :frown:

its a shame Tanger is great city in terms of places like beaches but i never been to Fez before
Original post by hajar16
Moroccan food ofcccc but I also like Turkish/Arab and Chinese 😂😂 I’m so indecisive

what's your favourite dish/meal?
Reply 16
Original post by KAy1a.2021
its a shame Tanger is great city in terms of places like beaches but i never been to Fez before

You should defo visit sometime
Reply 17
Original post by black tea
what's your favourite dish/meal?

Original post by hajar16
I can’t decide between djaj m9eli or bastilla dyal 7out both are my favvvv Moroccan dishes, tbh I love everything especially our breakfast foods like (7arsha/egg and khli3....) ufff it’s too hard to choose 😂

These are my fav dishes:
Djaj m9eli: roast chiken with a special sauce with like onions and stuff
Bastilla dyal 7out: fish bastilla (pastry)
7arsha: semolina bread
Noooooo you stole my question :cry:
I shall have to improvise:
Do you like Krispy Kreme doughnuts? If so, which is your favourite?
Reply 19
Are there even different stethoscope brands 😂😂 never got one lol (not a medic)
I’ve been to alottt of countries Alhamdulillah but my favourites are: Moroccan ofc, turkey, Oman and Tunisia
You’re probably gonna think this is absurd but I’ve never tried biscoff spread, I love the biscuits thou

Quick Reply

Latest