Turn on thread page Beta

My friend is really ill and wont go to the docs, could anyone help with a diagnosis? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hi,

my friend is in pain but wont go to the doctors, he said its not serious. he has violent pain in his stomach and feels sick, his head hurts and he randomly starts shivvering!! he only gets like this after 5pm for some reason.

i know he should go to the docs but does anyone know what it could be so i can inform him about it??

cheers.

ReputationRep:
    u are a very caring friend mmm sorry dont know what illness it is.. kinda strange only happens after 5?

ReputationRep:
    http://familydoctor.org/online/famdo...tom/529.html#9

ReputationRep:
    Could be something he is eating.
    Could be diabetes.
    Could be anything..

Ask him what's worse:

Possibly dying? Or seeing a doctor?

ReputationRep:
    FORCE HIM TO GO TO THE DOCTOR NOW!
    It is stupid that he won't go, I've known people that have been to stubborn to go when going a month earlier would have saved their lives, GO TO THE DOCTOR!

ReputationRep:
    he said its worse going to the doctors than dying

i just offered to go with him but he said no way.

he said he'll be ok and it will go in a few days! Grr!

ReputationRep:
    Phone NHS direct.

ReputationRep:
    he just told me he got dizzy too and his urine is brown

ReputationRep:
    Ask him if you can ring the doctor to come out to you. If he gets too bad/dillerious ring them for him and they will be able to see the problem. See the brown urine is a bit odd as its obviously something from 'inside' because its not easy to change your urine colour. Isnt it something to do with your liver. Might be wrong. Google the symptoms

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/sym/brown_urine.htm
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    We need that guy on here who is studying medicine that gives really long replies and always knows what everything is...

*Turns and looks for him*..

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't take any chances when it comes to dodgy urine because you've got two extremes: 1. nothings wrong or its just a change in lifestyle/diet, or 2. its a kidney issue and thats serious. Kidneys and liver are not organs to ignore. Tell him from me he is a bit of a numpty not to make an appointment with the doctor asap.

ReputationRep:
    Call a doctor out, and don't tell him?

Sounds pretty bad.

ReputationRep:
    Get him round your house (or you go round to his), and get a doctor to come, without his knoledge or approval. It's the only way and it may possibly save his life, because the symptoms sound seirous.

ReputationRep:
    heya, how long has this been going on for. He might be refusing because it means accepting somethings wrong and having his control over life taken away if he has 2 go into hospital. Does anyone else but u know? It sounds serious, these are not everyday occurences. U might need to let some1 else know, i know it's horrible but he at least needs 2 face up 2 this and know what he's dealing with. Please reply and the best of luck, hope nothing gets worse. x

ReputationRep:
    he's very stubborn and says he shouldnt be weak lol.

it only starts at night and has been going on for 2 nights now!! he always wakes up feeling really sick but it goes away after he's been up a few hours and then he feels ill after five again!

ReputationRep:
    Just a thought - is the times when he feels ill in the house and the rest of the times he is out?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's drugs (withdrawal symptoms) -- that's why he doesn't want to visit the doctor? Only an hypothesis though.

ReputationRep:
    i think hes in the house a lot of the time.

i don't think its drugs lol.

ReputationRep:
    Hun, plz get sum1 2 his house to get radiators and boiler tank checked. The dizziness etc could well be from something like slow carbon monoxide poisoning. Currently, make sure his windows are open and that he sees a doctor ASAP - i don't care how u do it, hit him over the head with a bk and drag him there if necessary! Just a theory, but it kind of fits. Neway, better 2 be safe than sorry.

ReputationRep:
    I've had something similar, and apparently it was an IBS based reaction to the Duck I'd eaten for dinner.

Could it be food poisoning?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2008
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.