Girl I’ve been talking to for 9 months suddenly blocked me on everything

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I started talking a girl I met through Instagram who went to a sixth form near me.

I was bored and she was hot so I tried my luck and DM’d her one day in March and we got on and started speaking pretty much everyday. One thing led to another and we started snap chatting, calling, texting everything almost everyday for the past 9 months. It was going really well even though we hadn’t met yet (cause of corona) we lived near eachother and got on very well I really liked her and she said yes to meeting up once covid was over.

However suddenly she blocked me on everything, Instagram, Snapchat, phone number.. I literally just sent her a message one morning saying hey how are you and then she opened/ read my message and then suddenly it was ‘user not found’ she blocked me on everything. (This was 3 weeks ago and I’m still blocked so I’m sure this is a permanent thing).

I have no idea why, she wasn’t a cat fish as we FaceTimed and stuff and everything was going really well there was no reason for her to block me I didn’t do anything wrong. The only thing I can think of is she changed her mind and thought I was ugly or something but I’m so confused.

Why would she do that after 9 months when we really got on so well? would it be creepy if I make a new Snapchat/ Instagram account to message her asking?
Anonymous #2
Report 6 months ago
Feeling sorry for you! I had a pretty similar situation with some guys who literally ghosted me after a few months. I wasn't blocked but they just stopped replying to my messages. I ghosted a guy once after talking to him for more than 1 year but he offended me many times so that was a legit reason. Did you offend her by any chance?
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Dating is full of unpleasant surprises, girls change their mind all the while and think nothing of being ruthless and a hot girl will have plenty of options
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I'd probably not make another account to contact her as it seems pretty clear she doesn't want to.
That said I'd say what she's done is (at best) very rude and unpleasant, but we also don't have her side of the story and she may feel she had a good reason for doing that?
Your best bet is to try and just move on, I think.
Anonymous #3
Report 6 months ago
I was close friends with a girl in University who was really hot. Guys would come up to us almost every time we sat in the library to ask her for number, or chat her up. I remember that she used to move through these men like clockwork; talk to one for a few months, get bored of him, block him on all social media and never talk to him again, then move onto the next guy in line.

Because she was attractive, the queue of men trying to get to know her was endless, so I don't think she ever considered the repercussions of her actions, or all of the feelings that she was destroying.

Some people are just very self-absorbed and do not care for others.
gracieee16
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
im so sorry, mate. that does sound really harsh. maybe she was leading you on...some people do that, especially the "hot" girls/guys. they think they can ruin everyone...you will find someone better! so cheer up and stay positive. just forget about her, move on and find someone better! ❤
gracieee16
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I was close friends with a girl in University who was really hot. Guys would come up to us almost every time we sat in the library to ask her for number, or chat her up. I remember that she used to move through these men like clockwork; talk to one for a few months, get bored of him, block him on all social media and never talk to him again, then move onto the next guy in line.

Because she was attractive, the queue of men trying to get to know her was endless, so I don't think she ever considered the repercussions of her actions, or all of the feelings that she was destroying.

yeah, the last bit you're right about! im also so sorry for how feelings she was destroying! that is awful! i could never hurt anyone like that...i would feel soooo bad!
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I started talking a girl I met through Instagram who went to a sixth form near me.

I was bored and she was hot so I tried my luck and DM’d her one day in March and we got on and started speaking pretty much everyday. One thing led to another and we started snap chatting, calling, texting everything almost everyday for the past 9 months. It was going really well even though we hadn’t met yet (cause of corona) we lived near eachother and got on very well I really liked her and she said yes to meeting up once covid was over.

However suddenly she blocked me on everything, Instagram, Snapchat, phone number.. I literally just sent her a message one morning saying hey how are you and then she opened/ read my message and then suddenly it was ‘user not found’ she blocked me on everything. (This was 3 weeks ago and I’m still blocked so I’m sure this is a permanent thing).

I have no idea why, she wasn’t a cat fish as we FaceTimed and stuff and everything was going really well there was no reason for her to block me I didn’t do anything wrong. The only thing I can think of is she changed her mind and thought I was ugly or something but I’m so confused.

Why would she do that after 9 months when we really got on so well? would it be creepy if I make a new Snapchat/ Instagram account to message her asking?
Next time arrange to meet up as soon as is conveniently possible. Even if it's just for a socially distanced picnic in August.

For that type of woman it's more important that you stand out in the right way. Do that and you'll have a reasonable chance of being onto a winner.

And good for her for not staying too long with any particular man so far. Why should she stay in a relationship for 1 day longer than she wants to?

It takes 2 to tango.
Anonymous #3
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
Next time arrange to meet up as soon as is conveniently possible. Even if it's just for a socially distanced picnic in August.

For that type of woman it's more important that you stand out in the right way. Do that and you'll have a reasonable chance of being onto a winner.

And good for her for not staying too long with any particular man so far. Why should she stay in a relationship for 1 day longer than she wants to?

It takes 2 to tango.
Why not at least give the guy an explanation instead of leading him on for months and then cutting him out of her life? This is just poor behaviour.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
She is no longer interested and didn't have the guts to tell you this, so took the cowards option of cutting you out of her life without a word. Take the hint and don't create new accounts to contact her.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 6 months ago

Could be any number of reasons which are all too boring to speculate on. the highest chance is that theres someone or something else more important and continued communication is incompatible with her future plans.
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
That’s too bad, if there’s one thing you learn it’s that good times between people doesn’t mean it’ll last, and certainly doesn’t mean they’re a good people.
username5457326
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
im assuming she used you
maybe she was passing time
also she was bored
Anonymous #4
Report 6 months ago
Must've been a catfish.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (65)
21.96%
Excited but a bit nervous (134)
45.27%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.16%
I'm really nervous (61)
20.61%

Watched Threads