The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pinkhoney0000
Hey does the first 2 years involve a lot of chemistry based modules or is it biology based. Do they go through the alevel topics u need to know in the first year?

There will be some chemistry based modules but these shouldn't be too difficult, the majority of these will be applied to a biological context so it all interlinks anyway, I doubt there's any pure chemistry. It's likely things like biomolecules, drug related chemistry and also clinical biochemistry (which refers to sort of medically ordered tests such as blood tests)

The course seems very interesting - I'm a little confused about year 3 modules though, since it seems like the majority of the preclinical side is covered within the first two years - There's only three modules in that year (Professional Skills and Clinical Placements, Research Skills & Therapeutics and Systems of the Human Body)
Original post by adam.malikh1
You're right, I'd probably go for UCLAN if it wasn't so far from London. I've received an unconditional, pretty quickly after I applied. When is your interview and how are you feeling about it? :-)

I’m in between UCLan and Reading so I’m not too fussed with regards to distance! Well done you that’s amazing, you’ve got nothing to worry about now then!!! 🥳 My interview is this month, I’ve currently got covid though so hoping I don’t need to reschedule!! I’ve done quite a few interviews in the past so I’m hoping it’ll be okay, just worried if they ask any medical questions etc which I’m hoping won’t be the case !!
Just to let everyone who had applied for Reading or are thinking of applying to Reading for the MPAS Physician Associate Studies course, there is an online Visit day on the 6th (this Saturday) from 10:00- 13:00 with the Pharmacy Department!
Original post by priscillaaa_
Just to let everyone who had applied for Reading or are thinking of applying to Reading for the MPAS Physician Associate Studies course, there is an online Visit day on the 6th (this Saturday) from 10:00- 13:00 with the Pharmacy Department!

That sounds amazing! I just got an offer yesterday - where do I find this, or do you have a link I can use? Thanks! Xx
Reply 44
Hey, I’ve got an offer for Reading for September start. I’ve also applied to uclan but not heard back yet.

Does anyone know how many days you’re expected to be in uni in 1st year?

Well done to everyone on getting offers!! Really excited to start!!
Original post by MJ898
Hey, I’ve got an offer for Reading for September start. I’ve also applied to uclan but not heard back yet.

Does anyone know how many days you’re expected to be in uni in 1st year?

Well done to everyone on getting offers!! Really excited to start!!

Hi!! Congrats on the offer!!! I messaged one of the course leaders and they said the 1st 2 years are 30 weeks long and the last two are 45 weeks long. Hope this helps!!
Reply 46
Thank you!! Let me know if you find out how many days of the week will be in class in 1st year.
Hey! I’ve also applied to Reading and I’ve got an offer! Also applied to UCLan and have got an interview soon. Stuck between which one to firm, if I get the place at UCLan
Reply 48
Congrats on your interview and offer!
Original post by Ibrahymm
Hey! I’ve also applied to Reading and I’ve got an offer! Also applied to UCLan and have got an interview soon. Stuck between which one to firm, if I get the place at UCLan

Congrats! What are your stats if u dont mind me asking.

Congratulations on your offer to Reading! That is great news! Making your final decision can be really hard, is there anything, in particular, you're unsure about in regards to Reading? Or any questions you may have about University life, Reading University or the course?

Good luck with your interview! And if we can help in any way do let us know!

Ellen :smile:
Student Ambassador
Hi, has anyone applied for the Undergraduate Physician associate course through UCAS Extra?
Original post by elizabethgw19
I have applied to UCLAN and I have been offered an interview, how about you!?

Hey I just had my UCLan undergrad MPAS interview today and I thought it went soo bad!!. If you have had yours what was yours like?

I had my UCLan interview today, have mixed feelings about how it went. Good luck for yours!
Original post by Romans_828
I had my UCLan interview today, have mixed feelings about how it went. Good luck for yours!

Ah sorry to hear that. I’m sure it went great! Probably just nerves, what other course have you applied to?
Original post by northener_3006
Ah sorry to hear that. I’m sure it went great! Probably just nerves, what other course have you applied to?

For the MPAS undergrad
Hey I just had my UCLan undergrad MPAS interview today and I thought it went soo bad!!. If you have had yours what was yours like?

Hey, I’m sure you did a lot better then you think- remember they aren’t always looking for the correct answer but rather how you handle the situation/ scenario. I’m sure you will hear back soon:smile: I wasn’t 100% confident after my interview as i wasn’t expecting those types of questions to be asked! But I heard back within a week and got accepted a place so don’t be too harsh on yourself
Hey, I’m sure you did a lot better then you think- remember they aren’t always looking for the correct answer but rather how you handle the situation/ scenario. I’m sure you will hear back soon:smile: I wasn’t 100% confident after my interview as i wasn’t expecting those types of questions to be asked! But I heard back within a week and got accepted a place so don’t be too harsh on yourself

Congratulations on getting the offer!🎉
Hopefully I'll hear back from them soon. Are you putting UCLan as your firm or Reading?
Congratulations on getting the offer!🎉
Hopefully I'll hear back from them soon. Are you putting UCLan as your firm or Reading?

Thank you!! Im sure you will, try not to worry about it. I’ve firmed UCLan :smile: Which uni are you thinking at the moment?
Thank you!! Im sure you will, try not to worry about it. I’ve firmed UCLan :smile: Which uni are you thinking at the moment?

If I get the offer from UCLan I'll firm them if not then Reading