The Student Room Group

January start courses

How does finance work for a foundation course that starts in January and runs for 3.5 years. The foundation year has been ‘accelerated’ into Jan to July with only a week break for Easter, then the normal three year degree starts in September.

Do you just get a % of the maintenance loan for the first shorter foundation year and then it runs as usual from September for the remaining years? I.e. do you apply for finance now and then again in September?

The tuition fees fees are the normal full amount for the first accelerated year, I assume they are all covered ok? So it will be four lots of £9250 needed.

Thanks.
Original post by Catflap4
How does finance work for a foundation course that starts in January and runs for 3.5 years. The foundation year has been ‘accelerated’ into Jan to July with only a week break for Easter, then the normal three year degree starts in September.

Do you just get a % of the maintenance loan for the first shorter foundation year and then it runs as usual from September for the remaining years? I.e. do you apply for finance now and then again in September?

The tuition fees fees are the normal full amount for the first accelerated year, I assume they are all covered ok? So it will be four lots of £9250 needed.

Thanks.

Hi, please can you confirm your course details or if you prefer to talk in private you can message us on Twitter/Facebook and provide the details there.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, please can you confirm your course details or if you prefer to talk in private you can message us on Twitter/Facebook and provide the details there.
Thanks, Isaac

Thank you for getting back to me. Just thought I’d post to say I applied over Xmas and funding all sorted... Uni (online) tomorrow!
Original post by Catflap4
Thank you for getting back to me. Just thought I’d post to say I applied over Xmas and funding all sorted... Uni (online) tomorrow!

Good morning, glad to hear you applied and got it all sorted. If you have any further queries please let us know.

Good luck with your studies :smile:
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending