Anxious to approach women

Watch
oglez92
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm a single guy and whist I'm mostly comfortable being alone, I do miss being in a relationship and with someone.
I'll admit that I have become over reliant on dating apps! They do help to overcome approach anxiety, and I have had some success with them. That being said I need to learn to approach girls.
How can I do this?

Prior to the pandemic I was at live music events almost every weekend. Which is my passion. I find it easy to approach and strike up conversations in this kind of environment. It's like I know that we have something in common. I find it much harder to cold approach a girl in a bar or night club. If that makes sense. It probably sounds like a contraction.

I don't know how or if I could approach someone at the gym, supermarket or a girl generally going about her daily buisness.

Not to sound boastful but I do have some positive traits that would make me a good boyfriend. Plenty of interests and hobbies too. Physically, I have long hair, glasses, and a beard, which is marmite to women I understand haha. I'm the process of losing weight now. I have some shape in my arms and shoulders, but need to lose that belly.

I've probably wrote too much but how do I overcome this initial approach anxiety?
Last edited by oglez92; 1 year ago
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Go ahead and do it. Over and over again.

Face down your fears. Stretch your comfort zones.

Learn how to pass **** tests. Passing them is easy. Embrace **** tests. You will get a lot of them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.72%
Note taking apps (6)
2.46%
Flashcards (47)
19.26%
Revision guides (15)
6.15%
Past papers (115)
47.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.28%

Watched Threads