The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Is Queen Mary hard to get into for English language and linguistics?

Since it is a Russell group, after all, I know it's going to be hard but since the English language isn't competitive would it be easier?
Original post by jidaaaaxo
Since it is a Russell group, after all, I know it's going to be hard but since the English language isn't competitive would it be easier?

QM isn’t hard to get into ngl. They accept a lot of people especially during clearing. It’s not very competitive like the others. So you should be alright lol :smile:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anon12345678987
QM isn’t hard to get into ngl. They accept a lot of people especially during clearing. It’s not very competitive like the others. So you should be alright lol :smile:

Ah thanks, lool, my predicted is BBB would that be calm?

Their requirement rn is ABB but since it’s a grade off, they may still make you an offer (still of ABB). During clearing, hopefully you’ll achieve your desired grades, if they have spaces available, BBB should be good.

Don’t lose focus on your revision and whatnot though, because we need to take into consideration the people who are resitting this year and applying for the coming year. Use this as motivation, I know you can do it.
Reply 4
omg thank you so much! 💕 i’ve lost a lot of motivation because of the lockdown to revise and stuff but i definitely need to get back on my feet!

Original post by Anon12345678987
Their requirement rn is ABB but since it’s a grade off, they may still make you an offer (still of ABB). During clearing, hopefully you’ll achieve your desired grades, if they have spaces available, BBB should be good.

Don’t lose focus on your revision and whatnot though, because we need to take into consideration the people who are resitting this year and applying for the coming year. Use this as motivation, I know you can do it.

Hey @jidaaaaxo,

It's definitely still worth applying if you're a mark off! And who knows - you might even do better than expected! Our advice, broadly, is still to give it a go if you're one mark off. It's definitely super hard to revise during lockdown and stay motivated, but it sounds like you've still got a great sense of determination! If any of the criteria apply to you, then you might want to check out our contextual admissions criteria, which would allow you to be accepted with marks lower than the entry requirements: https://www.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply/entry/contextualised-admissions/! Hope this helps and best of luck with your studies!

Matthew
QMUL Student Ambassador and TSR Representative
Reply 6
Original post by Queen Mary Student Ambassadors
Hey @jidaaaaxo,

It's definitely still worth applying if you're a mark off! And who knows - you might even do better than expected! Our advice, broadly, is still to give it a go if you're one mark off. It's definitely super hard to revise during lockdown and stay motivated, but it sounds like you've still got a great sense of determination! If any of the criteria apply to you, then you might want to check out our contextual admissions criteria, which would allow you to be accepted with marks lower than the entry requirements: https://www.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply/entry/contextualised-admissions/! Hope this helps and best of luck with your studies!

Matthew

Thank you so much for the insight! Will definitely apply as this is a University I really hope to attend. Will also look into the contextualised admissions for further understanding. :smile:
Thank you so much for the insight! Will definitely apply as this is a University I really hope to attend. Will also look into the contextualised admissions for further understanding. :smile:

No worries! Best of luck!

Matthew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending