Want more information about this university?
tulipcait
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi everyone ! im Caitlin and ive applied for fashion photography at University of the arts London. i was wondering has anyone else applied for the same uni that would like to be friends? has anyone had any offers yet?? i sent my portfolio on the 10th so nearly two weeks ago and haven’t heard anything yet, should i worry? or is it too early. they probably have lots of applications or portfolios to go through so it’s understandable.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by tulipcait)
Hi everyone ! im Caitlin and ive applied for fashion photography at University of the arts London. i was wondering has anyone else applied for the same uni that would like to be friends? has anyone had any offers yet?? i sent my portfolio on the 10th so nearly two weeks ago and haven’t heard anything yet, should i worry? or is it too early. they probably have lots of applications or portfolios to go through so it’s understandable.
Hey there

I have also applied for two UAL courses, but which campus/UAL school are you going to for photography? I’ve applied for Camberwell and LCC
tulipcait
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
london college of fashion! fashion photography
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
Nice! Different schools tho sadly
I’m applying for graphic design and graphic and media design
14harlea
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
london college of fashion! fashion photography
hey!! i’m leah i’m applying for fashion photography at LCF. sent off my portfolio last week
tulipcait
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hey! wow that’s cool add my insta so we can talk! im on tulipcait or lavcait ♡︎
Estabar
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! My name is Abi, and I am applying for graphic communication design, advertising and design for art direction ☺️
tulipcait
Rep:
?
(Original post by Estabar)
Hi! My name is Abi, and I am applying for graphic communication design, advertising and design for art direction ☺️
nice!! hi abi good luck with that & if you’d like to talk we can on insta or snap! my insta is lavcait and my snap is caitlinx.3
tulipcait
Rep:
?
(Original post by 14harlea)
hey!! i’m leah i’m applying for fashion photography at LCF. sent off my portfolio last week
hi leah! that sounds great, if u wanna talk we can on insta, my instagram is lavcait
saramplace
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi caitlinsaramplace. i applied through the country’s rep cuz i live in japan so the application process is probably a lot different from urs but here’s my insta if u wanna talk! @saramplace
tulipcait
Rep:
?
(Original post by saramplace)
hi caitlinsaramplace. i applied through the country’s rep cuz i live in japan so the application process is probably a lot different from urs but here’s my insta if u wanna talk! @saramplace
okay thankyou!
Cece_rc
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hai guys , I’ve also applied for this course last week ,would love to talk cuz I’m so nervous and I’m still working on my portfolio
tulipcait
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Cece_rc)
Hai guys , I’ve also applied for this course last week ,would love to talk cuz I’m so nervous and I’m still working on my portfolio
of course! my instagram is lavcait if you’d like to talk more often, it would be nice to
14harlea
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Cece_rc)
my instagram is @Leah_harthill if you would like to message me
tulipcait
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
my instagram is @Leah_harthill if you would like to message me
okay!!
tiabotros
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, I have an interview for interior design in Chelsea, super nervous any advice?
tulipcait
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by tiabotros)
Hi, I have an interview for interior design in Chelsea, super nervous any advice?
hey! i haven’t had an interview yet for ual but i have for others. one main question ive been asked is which you’ll most likely get asked as different unis ask different things but, the reason for your choice of the course. so for example they may ask, why interior design? they may ask your inspirations. if you have a portfolio they may ask why and how you did things and your meaning behind them. be passionate, it doesn’t matter if you feel embarrassed, the more you seem engaged, enthusiastic and look like you know what you’re talking about, that’ll be great. do some research on their course details! so you can bring that into when you talk sometimes. for example how good their facilities are or whatever sticks out to you the most in terms of helping you succeed. also one other thing that’s important is, elaborate. dont stick to just one word answers, build on what you’re saying everytime, but not too much. say everything you want them to know about how interested you are and what it means to you personally, that’ll be good too and tell them your aims in the future and why. if you cant answer a question, which you probably will be able to! as remember its informal, well mine have been. its a small and kind chat really, nothing scary. try to just answer well if u cant elaborate, answer with something u can and then build on something similar to what they asked you and how that’s relevant to why you like interior design or anything about you and the subject.

i hope that helps! if u need any more help or more in detail my insta is lavcait. you’ll be absolutely fine trust me!! it’ll be layed back and calm and as long as you’re passionate and have lots of things to say about yourself, your work and the subject, you’ll be great! good luck
University of the Arts London Student Reps
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by tiabotros)
Hey tiabotros,

Good luck with your interview!

It's completely natural to be nervous. The purpose of the interview is for the tutors to find out more about you and your work, so bring enthusiasm and confidence. They're looking for people who can happily talk about their portfolio, show their enthusiasm for the subject and explain why they'd like to study at Chelsea. It's always good to prepare some questions to ask them about the course or the facilities etc.

All the best,

Tegan
UAL Student Rep
PS.My flatmate studies fine art at Chelsea and says the tutors are all really lovely.
caitlincmn
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Nice! Different schools tho sadly
I’m applying for graphic design and graphic and media design
ive applied for both of these courses too! Have you sent off your portfolios yet?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by caitlincmn)
ive applied for both of these courses too! Have you sent off your portfolios yet?
Hey yes I’ve sent both ages ago now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (519)
51.28%
No (493)
48.72%

Watched Threads