People think I'm mean to them?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
How do I stop being like this? They say I make mean remarks and upset them. I have ADHD and feel bad.
Wannabevetnurse
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
try to stop making those remarks....or maybe let them know that you dont mean what you say
Anonymous #2
Report 5 months ago
It's not all about what you say, it is how you say it.
Delivery is a key. Make sure you are not offending anyone with what you come across. Take into consideration that not everyone may understand what ADHD is and how it affects people, maybe start by saying you have it and see how you get along with people.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
It's not all about what you say, it is how you say it.
Delivery is a key. Make sure you are not offending anyone with what you come across. Take into consideration that not everyone may understand what ADHD is and how it affects people, maybe start by saying you have it and see how you get along with people.
I just don’t want people to think I’m just using ADHD as an excuse.
Anonymous #2
Report 5 months ago
I just don’t want people to think I’m just using ADHD as an excuse.
It is not an excuse but it's a disorder affecting your communication skills. So if you tell them, honestly I think it may help. A student in my class has it, I would of never known until she stood up in front of everyone and said she suffers from it.
Anonymous #1
It is not an excuse but it's a disorder affecting your communication skills. So if you tell them, honestly I think it may help. A student in my class has it, I would of never known until she stood up in front of everyone and said she suffers from it.
Okay, I will take your advice thanks.
Hopefully people are more understanding of me.
Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
What kind of stuff do people think that you say is mean?
Serene Dreams
Badges: 22
Report 5 months ago
How do I stop being like this? They say I make mean remarks and upset them. I have ADHD and feel bad.
How often does this happen, people getting upset because you say something that unintentionally upsets them?
heldbygrace
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
The fact you care to try and change this shows that your not using your ADHD as an excuse. It’s hard, but try and explain to them that you understand you may have been mean and you are trying to change and hopefully they will respect that and they can help you by making you aware when you do it. A bit of teamwork and understanding and it should sort itself out. You are obviously a nice person, so keep going you can do it! 🙂
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Moonlight rain)
What kind of stuff do people think that you say is mean?
People think I constantly brag and annoy them purposely, when I don’t mean to.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Brutal Bee)
How often does this happen, people getting upset because you say something that unintentionally upsets them?
I mean it happens regularly, I said something to a female friend and now she hates me. It happens with mostly all my friendships and with work colleagues. They just find me annoying.
Serene Dreams
Report 5 months ago
I mean it happens regularly, I said something to a female friend and now she hates me. It happens with mostly all my friendships and with work colleagues. They just find me annoying.
I am really so sorry to hear that, seems like you are having a difficult time. How are you feeling? When it usually happens with other friends, what do you do to resolve the issue?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Brutal Bee)
I am really so sorry to hear that, seems like you are having a difficult time. How are you feeling? When it usually happens with other friends, what do you do to resolve the issue?
I’m feel okay, tbh I just feel bad about it. I say sorry but I don’t think many people feel like it’s sincere or anything, and I’m not the best at explaining things.
Serene Dreams
Report 5 months ago
I’m feel okay, tbh I just feel bad about it. I say sorry but I don’t think many people feel like it’s sincere or anything, and I’m not the best at explaining things.
If it helps you feel better about it, just remember that as long as your apologies are sincere, you can't really do much about whether someone accepts it or not, right? In a way what I am trying to say is that some believe us and others don't. Worry about those who do. I think it helps realising and reassuring yourself that as long as you mean well, the people who will try and understand you will see that and won't leave you or stop talking to you. Those are the people that matter.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (191)
43.71%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.21%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
8.01%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.82%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.53%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.72%

Watched Threads