The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Economics BSc and UCL Economics and Statistics BSc

I was wondering whether I could apply for both Economics Bsc and Economics and Statistics BSc: my personal statement and references will fit both.
Does applying to both decrease my chances on each course?
Is it possible to get an offer from both?
You won't get offers from both I think. Like LSE, they tend to reject you from one & accept you to another.
I'd say go for BSc Economics & Statistics. You're more likely to get an offer.
And will save you a UCAS spot that you can use to apply elsewhere.
What are your predicteds btw?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
You won't get offers from both I think. Like LSE, they tend to reject you from one & accept you to another.
I'd say go for BSc Economics & Statistics. You're more likely to get an offer.
And will save you a UCAS spot that you can use to apply elsewhere.
What are your predicteds btw?

I have HL Maths 7 Economics 7 Physics 6; SL Philosophy 7 Latin 6 English 6 overall 41/45 predicted.
I want to apply for LSE Econ, Warwick Morse and KCL Econ as well and I don't want to apply to any other courses except UCL Econ and UCL Econ and Stats.
Original post by ucas12
I have HL Maths 7 Economics 7 Physics 6; SL Philosophy 7 Latin 6 English 6 overall 41/45 predicted.
I want to apply for LSE Econ, Warwick Morse and KCL Econ as well and I don't want to apply to any other courses except UCL Econ and UCL Econ and Stats.

Oo IB, are you an international (as you do the IB)?
I mean,, if you don't have any other courses you wanna apply for then sure why not. I would recommend Warwick BSc Econ in replacement for one of the UCL ones perhaps?
What did you cover in your PS? I applied to both Warwick Econ + MORSE.
Was ur PS pure Econ based?
As I recall UCL have a policy of only making one offer per applicant so it makes no difference how many courses you apply to there and applying to multiple courses will not increase your chances of getting an offer from UCL, it will just potentially decrease your chances of getting an offer from anywhere because if you would be rejected from one course you are likely to be rejected from both, and you would only get an offer from one even if you would be a suitable applicant for both, so you just decrease the number of other universities you apply to in the same cycle, because you can only apply to five in total.
I applied for both these courses too with grades A*A achieved and A predicted for summer. My ps is a pure econ ps with around 3-4 lines on stats so idk if ill get an offer.
Reply 6
Oo IB, are you an international (as you do the IB)?
I mean,, if you don't have any other courses you wanna apply for then sure why not. I would recommend Warwick BSc Econ in replacement for one of the UCL ones perhaps?
What did you cover in your PS? I applied to both Warwick Econ + MORSE.
Was ur PS pure Econ based?

I'm a home student, I did consider Warwick Economics but MORSE seemed more to my interests.
In my personal statement, I covered government policy, development economics, macroeconomics, statistics, econometrics, microeconomics and calculus; so it wasn't purely econ based.
Where else did u apply and do you have any decisions yet? :smile:
Reply 7
I received an offer for bsc economics and statistics on 2nd Dec. I had applied for both bsc econ and bsc econ and stats. However, I wanted to get into bsc economics (it's cheaper).
After reading your conversation I feel that I shouldn't have applied for 2 courses at a time.
Are there any chances of me getting an offer for bsc eco now?
Original post by Nuttyboi
I received an offer for bsc economics and statistics on 2nd Dec. I had applied for both bsc econ and bsc econ and stats. However, I wanted to get into bsc economics (it's cheaper).
After reading your conversation I feel that I shouldn't have applied for 2 courses at a time.
Are there any chances of me getting an offer for bsc eco now?

Hey did what were your stats ( gcses and a level predictions)? Also did you include a lot of stats in your ps I’ve only wrote around 4 lines.
Reply 9
Hey did what were your stats ( gcses and a level predictions)? Also did you include a lot of stats in your ps I’ve only wrote around 4 lines.

I am an international student. So, no GCSEs and A levels. However, I have a strong CBSE predicted score (96.5%). I included 4-5 lines for stats in PS. What about you?
Reply 10
Hi
If you any of you did take up on E&S at ucl...how is it?? the course, the culture and the prospect.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending