Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is there any way you can purchase music/videos from the american version of the Itunes website if you live in the UK?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Paypal? :/ I'm not sure. Don't they have a FAQ or something? :p:

ReputationRep:
    i hope so! it would mean you'd get the songs earlier, and you could get some songs that dont get released here... im gunna be watching this thread!

ReputationRep:
    Short of getting an american credit card, address and IP, no.

There's a reason they don't want you to. :P

ReputationRep:
    I've heard it's not easy to do, if at all.

It's probably easier to just download illegally

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you can. It's a bit of messing about, but it's not too bad. Buy an American iTunes voucher from eBay or something, use any old random American address, a random name, and then you can use it.

ReputationRep:
    Get an american credit card and connect through a proxy server with an american IP. I heard that works, don't hold me to it though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burninginme)
    Yes, you can. It's a bit of messing about, but it's not too bad. Buy an American iTunes voucher from eBay or something, use any old random American address, a random name, and then you can use it.
    Isn't clased as fraud? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetlovinchick2k1)
    Isn't clased as fraud? :p:
    Well, isn't the whole concept of using the American iTunes outside the US classed as fraud? Let's be honest, who the hells gonna know/care? It's not like Apple send your fake address junk mail or anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becky.fm)
    I've heard it's not easy to do, if at all.

It's probably easier to just download illegally
    It is downloading it illegally. As the US site is not licensed to sell to the UK, it's illegal. If you're going down that route you might as well download it for free, and if you feel bad about it, send the artists some anonymous cash.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    I never really got the point of iTunes, if you're going to spend money on music then why settle for such a small selection at such low quality? Anyway, iTunes US is not allowed to sell in the UK, you're breaking several laws and most likely no further up **** creek than if you'd just torrented it anyway. At least you get lossless tracks that way.

ReputationRep:
    You can use your country's iTunes store anywhere in the world provided you are using a valid credit/debit card, i.e. if you have a existing US iTunes store you can use it provided you use a US payment card to pay for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    I never really got the point of iTunes, if you're going to spend money on music then why settle for such a small selection at such low quality? Anyway, iTunes US is not allowed to sell in the UK, you're breaking several laws and most likely no further up **** creek than if you'd just torrented it anyway. At least you get lossless tracks that way.
    1. the quality on iTunes is absolutly fine, you can not notice any difference than if you bought a CD

2. there is a massive selection, in no way shape or form could you describe the iTunes store as "small"!

3. as long as you use a US credit card you will be able to use the US Store anywhere in the world.

ReputationRep:
    http://7digital.co.uk is like,so much better than iTunes. Use it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 24, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.