Turn on thread page Beta

James Hetfield??!?! is that you?! watch

ReputationRep:

MAN WTF he was such a bad ass when he had his hair and goatee.

Cliff would cry

No james hate i ****ing love metallica

just wtf

ReputationRep:
    So all of a sudden metal guys can't have a bit of fashion sense? Jeez, that's a little narrow-minded.

I think he's just grown up a little

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Would you dress like a tramp if you album was number 1 in every country it was released in.

1. Make New Album
    2. Get Good Sales
    3. ???
    4. Profit

ReputationRep:
    Haha love the lyrics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatatonicStupor)
    So all of a sudden metal guys can't have a bit of fashion sense? Jeez, that's a little narrow-minded.
    well, I'm yet to meet a guy who almost exclusively listens to metal and doesn't look really nerdy, or at least extremely grotty. And certainly never one who remotely approaches fashionable. Maybe I've just met the wrong metalheads, though.

ReputationRep:
    Especially love Rob Trujillo's face in the background.

Wish I could see the blonde girls face - some kind of communication going on there..

ReputationRep:
    evidence:

(Original post by worldwide)
    well, I'm yet to meet a guy who almost exclusively listens to metal and doesn't look really nerdy, or at least extremely grotty. And certainly never one who remotely approaches fashionable. Maybe I've just met the wrong metalheads, though.
    Fair enough but nothing dictates that people making the music have to look like those who listen to it.

He probably was part of the metal scene in the 80s but he's grown up and just because he plays metal doesn't mean he still wants to be a metalhead.

ReputationRep:
    You can't really expect someone who's been in the business as long as Hetfield has to be going with a full on metal look the whole time. He's getting older, he's allowed to mellow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by worldwide)
    With fans, it's true that 70% are pretty much either totally nerdy or really greasy and such. Some have some idea of 'fashion', and some have some idea of how to look vaguely presentable, even with long hair and piercings.

With artists who have had the 'success' of Metallica, you'd expect some of their hard-earned cash to go on looking at least like human beings, and not like the wolfman. Nothing wrong with looking that way, mind you - it's just, with all that cash, you'd really hope that they'd change their looks over time.

Some people are suited to their look, like Joey Jordison, or Cedric Bixler. They might have non-conventional (well, not 'short') hair, but they look like they're meant to have it that way. Jimmy Hetfield on the other hand - he's aged. He's moved on - which is good. Duff McKaggan looks like a **** with his hair; Jimmy - he's smooth.

ReputationRep:

the man still looks metal as **** from where im standing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fargo89)

the man still looks metal as **** from where im standing!
    Pff, that isn't metal. This is metal:

Whoa, I never realised how huge Corpsegrinder actually was :eek:

And then going towards the slightly crazy bits, here's the Mayhem lead singer with an impaled pigs head..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misogynist)
    Pff, that isn't metal. This is metal:

Whoa, I never realised how huge Corpsegrinder actually was :eek:

And then going towards the slightly crazy bits, here's the Mayhem lead singer with an impaled pigs head..

i think we have our ideas of metal confused. as far as im concerned youre metal if youre ******* badass (for example, brian johnson = metal) not if your hair is long enough or you do devil horns with your hands all the time (lame death metal guys = lame)

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.