How Much Will Tuition Fees Be In 2006? Watch

This discussion is closed.
faa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hi, can somebody please tell me how much the top universities will be charging in 2006? Will Oxbridge be charging £15k? UCL £9k?
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No the maximum any university can charge for a home student is £3000 pa. From what I can tell most universities are charging the maximum including mine.
Chris87
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Some will charge less than £3000 per year. I think Leeds Metropolitan and University of East London talked about lowering fees but I would imagine those who are ranked highly would keep the £3000 as it is.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Chris87)
Some will charge less than £3000 per year. I think Leeds Metropolitan and University of East London talked about lowering fees but I would imagine those who are ranked highly would keep the £3000 as it is.
The problem is universities have to charge for demand. The reason why most universities are charging full fees and risking not filling places is becuase of image. If somthing is cheaper its percieved as not as good, and having cheaper places is one way that could damage a universities reputation. For example if Leeds Met decides to charge £1500 PA people will wonder why its cheaper than say Manchester Met.
SinghFello
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think the charges will be linked with demand, cost of running course, and the universities status. The fees will make universities operations more business like.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SinghFello)
I think the charges will be linked with demand, cost of running course, and the universities status. The fees will make universities operations more business like.
It's ridiculous though. HESA, recently released figures which show that the average annual salary of students leaving full-time courses is merely £16,000, which pretty much makes the argument for top up fees unjustifiable (one of the governments main argument was those with a degree will receive a much higher salary compared to those without).
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
It's ridiculous though. HESA, recently released figures which show that the average annual salary of students leaving full-time courses is merely £16,000, which pretty much makes the argument for top up fees unjustifiable (one of the governments main argument was those with a degree will receive a much higher salary compared to those without).
They probably still do, baring in mind most people that dropped out at 16 are still on 12,000k max by the time they are 21.

Having A levels will increase that salary a lot though. I think the average graduate in the UK earns at least £30k.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by faa)
Hi, can somebody please tell me how much the top universities will be charging in 2006? Will Oxbridge be charging £15k? UCL £9k?
If you applied this year, and deferred entry till 2006 then you pay the normal amount (£1,200 I think) for the duration of your course
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (584)
80.22%
Leave (144)
19.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise