The Student Room Group

What University Should I Pick?

Hi, I’m very conflicted on what university to pick. I’ve already submitted my UCAS for University of Surrey, University of Portsmouth, Coventry, De Mont Fort and Nottingham Trent. All gave me back conditional offers. Does University choice affect offers and jobs in law firms in the future? If so what university do you honestly think would be the best and is where law firms are more likely to target?
(edited 3 years ago)
The uni you go to really doesn’t matter after you graduate

Instead think about:
Campus or city
Big or small classes
What amenities are there
What societies are there
What are the indicative modules and do they sound interesting
Do you want Placement year or module
Would you do a year abroad
Are the lecturers invested or will you be another number
Hi there,

It's great to hear you have applied to Surrey and received conditional offers.

If you have any questions (it can be anything) I am more than happy to answer these for you.

Becca (2nd Year Psychology Student)

Original post by 123student123x
Hi, I’m very conflicted on what university to pick. I’ve already submitted my UCAS for University of Surrey, University of Portsmouth, Coventry, De Mont Fort and Nottingham Trent. All gave me back conditional offers. Does University choice affect offers and jobs in law firms in the future? If so what university do you honestly think would be the best and is where law firms are more likely to target?

Hi there, I wouldn't worry a lot about this a lot until you attend the applicant days for each of these universities and when you have a clearer idea of what grades you think you will achieve. I think the deadline is usually May/June time to choose firm/insurance choices.

Hey,

Congrats on receiving all your offers from the universities you applied to!

If you have any questions regarding Coventry University, me and other Student Ambassadors are here to help! Also, there is a virtual open day on the 9th Jan which you are welcome to attend if you have yet to attend one where you can speak to the lecturers and other Student Ambassadors regarding your chosen course, future employment opportunities and find out more about student life. If you're interested, you're more than welcome to find out more info here.

Additionally, excellent points are made regarding uni choice by WantBeAnonymous, definitely do consider all your options with those questions in mind as they will further help narrow down your decision. :smile:

I hope this helps.

Veronica
BSc Dietetics and Human Nutrition Student
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending