The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Kelly^2
9:eek:

I'm going to read about Sidney Sussex on Wiki now. :cool:

If we both get in, we'll be almost next door to each other :p:

Mmm, I'm going to finish my history coursework now!

Toodles! :hello:
Reply 101
Good bar, award winning chefs... can't be bad.
Quite pretty too!

EDIT: Byee!
Reply 102
Isometrix
some colleges worship the bmat (caius and emma) because statistically those who score higher in S1 and S2 are more likely to achieve firsts.
which is why i'm f*****d.

Where is this from please? I thought all colleges look at BMAT equally.
devdeep
Where is this from please? I thought all colleges look at BMAT equally.

Colleges are quite independent, my friend :wink:
Reply 104
Toiletpaper8
Colleges are quite independent, my friend :wink:

Sorry, what I meant was they all consider BMAT as quite an important aspect for offers.
devdeep
Sorry, what I meant was they all consider BMAT as quite an important aspect for offers.

1. Interview
2. UMS
3. Bmat s1 and 2
4. GCSEs
5. PS and other ucas stuff

That's how I'd look at it anyway if I were an admissions tutor :biggrin:
Isometrix
i think you'll get in. your bmat is outrageous. which college did you apply to?

It's so difficult to know, i dont think the interview went very well :frown: and im resitting 2 modules. (one french and one chem), which he asked me about at interview, so that cant be good

st. catharines btw
Toiletpaper8
Yea, I have 9 exams, but to be fair, 2 of them are GS which is easy, 1 is Critical Thinking which requires no work at all...

Then, well, my 2 Biology exams + practical and Chemistry shouldn't be too hard. I'm ok with Maths. History will need a bit of work though just memorising the dates and quotes, and then it's just doing my coursework.

I applied to Sidney Sussex :smile:

Still, you should take the next few days off. It's Christmas after all :biggrin:

9 exams is the way forward :smile:

except all of mine are fairly hard - (6 maths, 2 chem, 1 biology)
Reply 108
I can't wait for the results, but I'm so scared. I don't think my interview went too well either (Girton) because I didn't know any of the questions on chemistry (stupid Ontario system)...

oh well...we can only wait and see
Reply 109
woo Cambridge! :biggrin: - clearly a better pre-clincal course than the other one

Good Luck Everyone! :biggrin:
Vazzyb
woo Cambridge! :biggrin: - clearly a better pre-clincal course than the other one

Good Luck Everyone! :biggrin:

Thank you :hugs:

Have a good Christmas :smile:
anonymity007
1. Interview
2. UMS
3. Bmat s1 and 2
4. GCSEs
5. PS and other ucas stuff

That's how I'd look at it anyway if I were an admissions tutor :biggrin:

in order of importance i would say;

Interview
BMAT
UMS tied with GCSE

i think the personal statement is irrelevant in the selection and decision process.
does anybody know the chances of getting an offer (for medicine) once you've been pooled?

in fact, what even happens when you get pooled?
Isometrix
does anybody know the chances of getting an offer (for medicine) once you've been pooled?

in fact, what even happens when you get pooled?

I think it's 1 in 3. Don't take my word for it though.

It depends on what category you're pooled under though :p:
Toiletpaper8
I think it's 1 in 3. Don't take my word for it though.

It depends on what category you're pooled under though :p:

those are actually quite attractive odds!

seeing so many people get into oxford has made me want to go to cambridge even more! we can't let them win :biggrin:
Isometrix
those are actually quite attractive odds!

seeing so many people get into oxford has made me want to go to cambridge even more! we can't let them win :biggrin:

The odds of getting into Oxford post-interview are greater than the odds of getting into Cambridge, plus more people have applied to Oxford (on TSR) :p:

It really depends though. I mean, if you get pooled under "applicant looks good on paper but was :santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2: at interview", I doubt you'd get a place. Who knows.

Some applicants from Caius, Emma, Trinity, etc... will always get places from the pool, simply because they are good enough for Cambridge but that college just doesn't have enough places. Probably doesn't leave too many places for other colleges :p:
Also, TSR must have what, 20% of all Oxford medic freshers next year?
Toiletpaper8
Also, TSR must have what, 20% of all Oxford medic freshers next year?

i know! considering each college takes on average 4 medics, TSR have actually dominated oxford!
http://www.newmediamedicine.com/forum/cambridge-medical-school/28560-cam-autopooling.html

ok looks like i'm not even going to get pooled now.

F*****G BMAT!
Isometrix
http://www.newmediamedicine.com/forum/cambridge-medical-school/28560-cam-autopooling.html

ok looks like i'm not even going to get pooled now.

F*****G BMAT!

That's a pretty amazing forum :p:

Oh and we're not aiming to get pooled are we, my friend :wink: We're aiming to get in :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending