31.77%
Let's be honest, probably not (326)
21.18%
Hard no, absolutely not (184)
11.96%
BlinkyBill
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Do you revise over the Christmas break?

Has COVID changed your holiday revision plans at all?

Do you have any recommendations for people planning to revise over the break? Or will you be taking the holiday period as a time to rest and recuperate?

If you're revising, don't forget we've got A-level and BTEC study groups, and group chats with your year level:
Year 9
Year 10
Year 11
Year 12
Year 13

If you're soooooo done with studying over the break, you can also check out our Christmas Grotto for a bit of festive fun. Or if you're finding this time of year a bit tough, you're not alone. We've put together some support here.

5hyl33n
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I will definitely be revising over the Christmas break, but this is mainly because I have 4 topic tests when I return to school. It's important to give myself a break as well, which is why I will be taking the 24th and 25th off.
username5453336
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I’ll be revising over Christmas cos I have an exam in January. Also I have hw
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I have a 4000 word assignment due 4th January. :bricks:
username5453336
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
Oh no good luck
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by BluMoon06)
Oh no good luck
:lol: Thanks.
I've done around 1200 words and hoping to get to 2000 today, so it's not too hard going at the moment.
username5453336
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
:lol: Thanks.
I've done around 1200 words and hoping to get to 2000 today, so it's not too hard going at the moment.
Gosh you’ve done a lot :clap2:
absolutelysprout
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
definitely, will be taking 24th-26th and my birthday off from revision though.
RazzzBerries
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I don't have a choice! :lol:

Year 13 mocks in the first and second weeks back in January and Grade 6 piano exams. What's worse is that if corona messes up next summer, these grades will be used in place of it.

So you know, fun stuff!
username5453336
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RazzzBerries)

Year 13 mocks in the first and second weeks back in January and Grade 6 piano exams. What's worse is that if corona messes up next summer, these grades will be used in place of it.

So you know, fun stuff!
Haha I feel ya. I’m in yr 10 and have my first exam in January
I’ve now learned that my area could go into tier 4 lockdown and I might have to do the exam online :bawling:
RazzzBerries
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by BluMoon06)
Haha I feel ya. I’m in yr 10 and have my first exam in January
I’ve now learned that my area could go into tier 4 lockdown and I might have to do the exam online :bawling:
Oh nooo! Good luck, whatever happens! :hugs:
username5453336
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Oh nooo! Good luck, whatever happens! :hugs:
You too!! :console:
annqbellex
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
definitely, got my 2nd set of mocks coming up in february so i need to work really hard for them since my 1st ones werent that good
username5457326
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
im totally revising for mocks and im doing quite great
The RAR
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Business as usual, which means revising or not revising, whichever comes first
username402722
Rep:
Report 1 year ago

So you know, fun stuff!
Grade 6 piano, how wonderful, good luck.
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
Grade 6 piano, how wonderful, good luck.
I am doing grade 8 and I am seriously behind schedule!
I was robbed of distinctions in grades 6 and 7 (The former was held on the day my city's train network had its worst ever delay which shut down four lines. It took me almost two hours for a 30 minute commute and my hands were very shaky when I made it to the centre, missed out by 3 marks, and the latter due to corona, causing my exam to be cancelled)
Last edited by 8013; 1 year ago
username5307738
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
i really need to revise for mocks, but I have no motivation. i also need to catch up on further maths!
AestheticStudying
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Definitely going to be revising. I have 2 1000 word essays to do and maths, french, Spanish, geography, chemistry and biology test to revise for!
Smartmindexperts
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
The real question is...how prepared are you? Will you pin it down?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.86%
The paper was reasonable (191)
48.85%
Not feeling great about that exam... (99)
25.32%
It was TERRIBLE (39)
9.97%

Watched Threads