The Student Room Group

Best Way To Deal With A Spot - Leave It?

I don't really get many spots, except for around that time of month I occasionally get them but when I do, its usually one massive spot, and when I say massive, I'm not exaggerating. I even avoid going out sometimes they're that bad.

I'm just wondering whether it is actually better to leave a spot and do nothing to it rather than mess around with it trying to burst it, in the end making a bit of a mess of your skin? Is it worth waiting it out while a spot does its thing because squeezing it wont make it go any faster?
I usually just use a spot treatment like Freederm or even Germolene - Germolene's fabulous on spots. I'm like you though - I'd rather leave it to go on it's own that risk giving myself scarring by popping it. I hate it when people pop their spots lol.
Reply 2
It's a criminal activity, but I just can't help popping spots. It's just so tempting... But then they just leave reddish marks that make you wish you hadn't squeezed them, and then even more appear later on...

The moral of the story is to leave them be.
Reply 3
Yes I would say leave it alone, they usualy heal quicker if you don't mess about too much.
Reply 4
I'm the moment I seem to be going through a phase of un-popable spots, they just dont pop no matter how much you try so I think I'm better just leaving it now.

I always use germolene but somtimes I find that it actually brings the spot out and makes it even bigger! I suppose thats its job though, bringing the baddies out of the skin hmm.
I'd say it depends on the spot, so that's of no help to you at all :-D
Reply 6
I get spots and can't stand them as I like smooth skin. When it get's white with puss pop it using a tissue (important so it doesn't spread) and simply get some cotton and dab on tea tree essential oil on it. this avoids dark marks that get left on. But make suer you put it on immediately!
Reply 7
use bp
Reply 8
I hate spots. I have so many, I would like to pop all of them.

HATE SPOTS.
Reply 9
This type of spot is big and red, no head on it either. Argh I wish they didn't bother me so much and I could just ignore them lol.
Don't squeeze it! I use a spot cream or something whenever I get one but don't pop it. Thankfully *touch wood* I don't get many spots :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending