Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    These are the two universities that I'm kinda torn between. I've been to open days at both, and they both look great. Does anyone here study at either? What are they like to study at?

ReputationRep:
    well exeter is higher in this year's ranking tables but southampton is better recnognised as a scientific university so Id go for soton , thats what I'm planning to do

ps don't mind the sig ive changed my mind ^^

ReputationRep:
    Go have another look around if you're torn. Have a look at the areas of research that both of the departments do - whilst it won't make a difference right now, it might make a difference for your third year project. Have a look at what the halls are like, spend some time on campuses just walking around to see whether you think you'd fit in with the kind of people there, find out more about the societies on offer and whether you'd be interested in any, have a look at what kind of night life there is and what the student bars are like (maybe try to go along on a Friday or Saturday night for this). Other things you could maybe think about is what are the living costs of both places, how much will your second year house cost (probably not really a factor). How far are they from home, too far, too near?

At the end of the day it has to come down to where you feel you'll be happy. If at the end of the day you STILL can't make your mind up.... well maybe it'd be time to flip a coin!! They're both great universities with good reputations in the field. Pick one you think you'll be happy at and work hard (don't slack off in your first year) and you'll do fine.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 24, 2008

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.