The Student Room Group

CAO application, help needed

I am currently in the process of applying to Trinity College Dublin and can’t seem to figure out if I can apply to numerous courses at the same university? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
You can apply for up to 10 courses in Trinity (and any other Irish university) through a CAO application. But you need to keep in mind that when applying, you have to put each course in order of preference from 1-10 on the Level 8 (Honours degree) list and you will only receive one offer in August in the highest course you were accepted into. All 10 of my course applications on my CAO form in 2018 were to Trinity, and I'm still here studying Law if you want to ask any questions!
Original post by ronanmurphy98
You can apply for up to 10 courses in Trinity (and any other Irish university) through a CAO application. But you need to keep in mind that when applying, you have to put each course in order of preference from 1-10 on the Level 8 (Honours degree) list and you will only receive one offer in August in the highest course you were accepted into. All 10 of my course applications on my CAO form in 2018 were to Trinity, and I'm still here studying Law if you want to ask any questions!

Thanks so much!! I‘m hoping to get into the Law and History JH program. I have one other question which is: do you submit a personal statement anywhere or is everything assessed solely by my points?
No personal statement needed. Once you get your results (you may have to send them to CAO) they’ll apply them against all of the other applicants for your preferred course and will fill the places as far down as their capacity allows. Are you a Northern Ireland applicant or rest of UK?
Original post by magicmark1
No personal statement needed. Once you get your results (you may have to send them to CAO) they’ll apply them against all of the other applicants for your preferred course and will fill the places as far down as their capacity allows. Are you a Northern Ireland applicant or rest of UK?

Hiyaa!
I'm a Northern Irish student in my final year and i'm looking to apply to Maynooth through CAO but for the year 2022, was wondering if you know how deferring a year works as its a bit different to UCAS ahhaha
Thank youu!!
Original post by lucya.123
Hiyaa!
I'm a Northern Irish student in my final year and i'm looking to apply to Maynooth through CAO but for the year 2022, was wondering if you know how deferring a year works as its a bit different to UCAS ahhaha
Thank youu!!

Hi,

I think you’d just apply through the normal CAO application route for 2021 entry. If you then get your place on the course for this September you’d have to request permission from Maynooth to defer for a year. If they aren’t willing to agree to deferment you may have to decline the offer and reapply through CAO for 2022 entry.

https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/study-maynooth/undergraduate-studies/how-apply/deferral-applicants
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by magicmark1
Hi,

I think you’d just apply through the normal CAO application route for 2021 entry. If you then get your place on the course for this September you’d have to request permission from Maynooth to defer for a year. If they aren’t willing to agree to deferment you may have to decline the offer and reapply through CAO for 2022 entry.

https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/study-maynooth/undergraduate-studies/how-apply/deferral-applicants

Fabulous! Thanks so much for your help!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending