The Student Room Group

I don’t want to falsely cry wolf

Months ago, so my memory isn’t all that reliable, I went to my friend’s house to ‘hookup’. I was extremely adamant about wearing a condom and it was our first time having sex. Even though he’d gone to the effort to buy condoms, it soon transpired that he had no intention of using them at which point I changed my mind and pushed him away but I didn’t use all of my strength and gave in. Afterwards, I turned and stared at the wall until he convinced me to cuddle him. I told him that I was upset about him not using a condom and he apologised and said he didn’t think I was serious. We had sex twice after that if I’m remembering correctly and then I got ready to leave. He made this very difficult, I actually did have to use my strength to get him off me and part of me feels like the only reason I could was because I was wearing trousers that time and he’d tried to remove them so he was no longer restraining me. As I was leaving, I agreed to see him again (I didn’t). Since then I’ve been really confused about the situation. I slept with someone else and he literally stopped every time I asked him to which shocked me.
I’m not saying I want to go to the police about it or anything but I hate this uncertainty that I feel about it. I keep saying things like “he was a bit rapey” and “he struggles with the word no a bit” to make it less accusatory but I don’t think I should be doing that.

Scroll to see replies

damn girl, it shocks you when a man stops when you ask him to? that's really sad you didn't think you should have been treated decently before xx
Reply 2
The issue is that I changed my mind before having sex the first time and then gas lit myself into thinking it was okay.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Didn't say no so it wasn't rape

I did say no, I told him I didn’t want to
Reply 4
So from what you understand, the situation was wholly consensual and I have nothing to be preoccupied about?
Months ago, so my memory isn’t all that reliable, I went to my friend’s house to ‘hookup’. I was extremely adamant about wearing a condom and it was our first time having sex. Even though he’d gone to the effort to buy condoms, it soon transpired that he had no intention of using them at which point I changed my mind and pushed him away but I didn’t use all of my strength and gave in. Afterwards, I turned and stared at the wall until he convinced me to cuddle him. I told him that I was upset about him not using a condom and he apologised and said he didn’t think I was serious. We had sex twice after that if I’m remembering correctly and then I got ready to leave. He made this very difficult, I actually did have to use my strength to get him off me and part of me feels like the only reason I could was because I was wearing trousers that time and he’d tried to remove them so he was no longer restraining me. As I was leaving, I agreed to see him again (I didn’t). Since then I’ve been really confused about the situation. I slept with someone else and he literally stopped every time I asked him to which shocked me.
I’m not saying I want to go to the police about it or anything but I hate this uncertainty that I feel about it. I keep saying things like “he was a bit rapey” and “he struggles with the word no a bit” to make it less accusatory but I don’t think I should be doing that.

The first time sounds like you didn’t want to but I don’t understand why you had sex twice after that. My friend was raped at a party last year she went to the police and wished she didn’t as everyone knew about it afterwards. When you slept with someone else It shocked you when you asked him to stop he did wow that’s actually really sad.

Is this post genuine? because of its nature I don’t want to outright say it’s not real but it just seems a little strange. I do apologise if it it real though

In this situation yes but just because they don’t say no doesn’t mean it’s not rape
Reply 7
Original post by Goldenkey000
The first time sounds like you didn’t want to but I don’t understand why you had sex twice after that. My friend was raped at a party last year she went to the police and wished she didn’t as everyone knew about it afterwards. When you slept with someone else It shocked you when you asked him to stop he did wow that’s actually really sad.

Is this post genuine? because of its nature I don’t want to outright say it’s not real but it just seems a little strange. I do apologise if it it real though

In all honesty, I feel really stupid about it. I keep thinking that I should’ve just got up and left, especially as I spent ages looking at the wall trying to think things through. I made the decision to be there, I helped him remove my clothes and it was supposed to be my first “normal” sexual experience so I kept thinking it’s just because I don’t know how sex works.
Reply 8
I’m not trying to stir up trouble, just get a sense of whether I wrongly feel violated

so you can rape a mute then? people show refusal in lots of ways such as body language or freezing. pls grow up
Wtf I was agreeing with you that in this situation it wasn’t. What I said was is that in other situations just because the word no isn’t said doesn’t mean it’s not rape. Body language, crying, freezing and saying nothing at all etc
In all honesty, I feel really stupid about it. I keep thinking that I should’ve just got up and left, especially as I spent ages looking at the wall trying to think things through. I made the decision to be there, I helped him remove my clothes and it was supposed to be my first “normal” sexual experience so I kept thinking it’s just because I don’t know how sex works.

So you helped him remove your clothes and also had sex twice afterwards but you feel it was rape? Just because you regret having sex with him it doesn't automatically mean he raped you. You made a poor decision and that's on you not him.
So you helped him remove your clothes and also had sex twice afterwards but you feel it was rape? Just because you regret having sex with him it doesn't automatically mean he raped you. You made a poor decision and that's on you not him.

I never suggested that anything after the first time wasn’t consensual. The problem I have is that I explicitly told him that I didn’t want to in the first place and tried to push him off of me. Agreeing to sleep with him in the first place was a bad decision but that doesn’t mean that I can’t revoke my consent. The general consensus seems to be that this situation wasn’t rape but that doesn’t make that the case in every incident.
Did you ever tell him 'no', 'stop' or 'only using a condom'? :confused:
Original post by londonmyst
Did you ever tell him 'no', 'stop' or 'only using a condom'? :confused:

I said no because he kept saying please and begging my to let him even though he was already doing it
It probably wasn’t technically rape, but it’s a bit of a grey area. He seems like a pretty terrible person. The replies you have received are very unfair and a bit too defensive for my liking.
I don't know if what you experienced was rape per say but I do think that he was definitely in the wrong. It sounds like you made it clear you wanted to stop when you pushed him away the first time. Things like this are very confusing so I can understand where you're coming from but the first time you had sex with him does not sound consensual to me.
Agreeing to sleep with him in the first place was a bad decision but that doesn’t mean that I can’t revoke my consent. The general consensus seems to be that this situation wasn’t rape but that doesn’t make that the case in every incident.

The revocation of consent is an increasingly trivial matter legally and morally. Unless the female is explicitly telling the male to stop, either through verbal communication or physical communication, there are no grounds to claim sexual assault. Your anecdote doesn't infer explicit revocation, which is why you're receiving some backlash. Rape accusations literally ruin lives.
Original post by Joel 96
The revocation of consent is an increasingly trivial matter legally and morally. Unless the female is explicitly telling the male to stop, either through verbal communication or physical communication, there are no grounds to claim sexual assault. Your anecdote doesn't infer explicit revocation, which is why you're receiving some backlash. Rape accusations literally ruin lives.

When I said I changed my mind, I don’t mean I internally thought I don’t want this and did it anyway. I mean I didn’t think it was appropriate to hurt him. When I was pushing him away and he was asking if we could have sex without a condom and giving all sorts of reasons, I said no. I was ready to fight the next person I slept with because I don’t trust my consent to be enough.
I never suggested that anything after the first time wasn’t consensual. The problem I have is that I explicitly told him that I didn’t want to in the first place and tried to push him off of me. Agreeing to sleep with him in the first place was a bad decision but that doesn’t mean that I can’t revoke my consent. The general consensus seems to be that this situation wasn’t rape but that doesn’t make that the case in every incident.

Let me get this straight, so the first time wasn't 'consensual' but then you changed your mind and decided to have consensual sex twice afterwards, why? If a guy raped me I wouldn't voluntary open my legs begging for more sex afterwards. This is why men say women are confusing

Latest

Trending

Trending